Sundown Audio

If I Get A Fi Btl 18 Which Amp Out Of These 2?

GORILLAslap

lol there right about the thing putting out 5k. even if it is overrated thats still a shit load of power on 1 btl18 though. Youd have to get it full loaded and like they said be smart with it. In other words set it up wit the right electrical system and dont clip the amp.

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

the xxv's are not overrated. they are the flagship amps of hifonics and can even do 18v, and drop to lower ohm loads.

i love mine.

Don't forget the Crunch Ground Pounder 3000D Pro, I love mine run it 1 ohm daily producing 3k rms, and it barely gets warm, and they arent extremely expensive.

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

the goliath isnt a really good amp, people have had it blown up randomly with no severe voltage drop (including a friend of mine). he ended up getting an IA20.1 and its alot louder he said. i would go with the orion

and i have heard that alot of the Hifonics amps are over rated :pardon: but i personally dont know

Dude, for real your asking to get banned from this site very fast!!

When you have the owner of the site lock your topic and says to stop the bashing of the products.....

but you do it again. If I was admin, youd be banned, and I probolly would ban myself too

The same exact topic as this, and you even acknowleged meade, now you disobey.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=33667

~The Orion HCCA D5000 is a 2500wrms amp @ 1 ohm (now thats 3 or 4 times you been told that). You would be a fool to buy this older model amp when the new one is right around the corner for a cheaper price!

~The New 2009 Orion HCCA 5000.1 wont be out for a while, runs the cactus sounds 5kw board, and does 5000wrms @ 1 ohm, but wont be out for a little while yet.

~Hifonics amps do RATED PLUS power if you stay away from their beguinner line, So any older XX or newer XXV line will do rated + power. Things like the brutus, titan, zeus lines are for the novice guys (they are cheap priced, do a little under their rated power, the novice guy wont notice the quality/power difference).

~You have about a 90% chance of frying that btl with 5000 watts!

Edited by Bangin Caddy

the goliath isnt a really good amp, people have had it blown up randomly with no severe voltage drop (including a friend of mine). he ended up getting an IA20.1 and its alot louder he said. i would go with the orion

There is no way that the IA 20.1 is louder then a goliath.... Unless your friend had MAD voltage drop, and cant supply the goliath proper power. Your putting up a 5000krms amp against a 2000krms amp.... That golitath is gonna take almost 3 times the current as the 20.1. Your friend fried his amp due to User Error... Something is totally not right in that setup..

Edited by Bangin Caddy

• 2 weeks later...

To make your decision I would weigh what your needs are to which amplifier will achieve it the best. Are these your only 2 options?

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

Let me clear up that he Goliath is not overrated. I think the majority of people having an issue with them have been user error. With that being said, You will need to feed this amp plenty of power as they can be amperage hungry.

I have 2 of them that I beat daily.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

probably user error bro.

and are you talking about the XX series?

haven't heard anyone complain about the XXV series. they are tanks trust me