So I just installed my MLA module and put my battery back in the car. I started it up at the engine was pumpin at 2000RPM. I put it in Reverse and it idled normal again.

It only idles at 2000 in Park and Neutral. Everything else is fine.

I made sure it had nothing to do with the MLA by looping back and not going through it and it still does the same thing.

What could this be? Any help would be appreciated..

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I would email or call them tomorrow.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

On a funny note atleast it revs your car to get maximum performance....and it does it automatically lol.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I would email or call them tomorrow.

I actually called Chris today and he's looking into it. We both agree it's most likely nothing to do with the module, but he's researching it.

On a funny note atleast it revs your car to get maximum performance....and it does it automatically lol.

:lol:

could be the throttle position sensor

That's what I've been reading. Is that right on the throttle body? I tapped it and pulled it manually a few times, but I don't know where the position sensor is.

[email protected]

yea, id check that tps too. Just had that problem on my seville a few weeks back.

It gets stuck out and doesnt retract in, holding the intake open a tiny bit.

Try pushing against it, if it idles down you know its the tps (throttle position sensor).

Some TPS (like on my caddy) have a rod that you can turn in and out for more precise adjustment.

But a tps is somewhat cheap and a easy fix if thats the problem :)

It very well could be your throttle position sensor, or a vacuum leak or plug, fault in the fuel or electrical systems, leaking EGR valve, plugged PCV valve, leaking head gasket, or camshaft lobes worn.

Your throttle position sensor should be right underneath your throttle body where the air intake tubes go into it. Does your chack engine light flash on or stay on at all? Also what kinda car are we talking about here?

Ascendant Audio

8 AA Havoc 15's in a 4th order

Also the TPS should be rather small and if your car is EFI and it has a TPS it will usually be like a round sorta module that plugs directly to a spring loaded throttle gear right under the throttle body itself. Also by messing with the TPS and trying to do something with it installed you wont find out nothing. Your best bet is to take apart the harness that connects to it and with the wires that go directly to the TPS test it with a DMM to figure out how the ohms read when connected to it. The ohms will read just like your RPMs ie: 750.0ohm means 750 RPM etc....

Edited by travo19

Ascendant Audio

8 AA Havoc 15's in a 4th order

It very well could be your throttle position sensor, or a vacuum leak or plug, fault in the fuel or electrical systems, leaking EGR valve, plugged PCV valve, leaking head gasket, or camshaft lobes worn.

Your throttle position sensor should be right underneath your throttle body where the air intake tubes go into it. Does your chack engine light flash on or stay on at all? Also what kinda car are we talking about here?

Yeah, the check engine light is on with 0401 as a code and it's been that way since I replaced my IAT sensor and knocked out three other codes. I know that's some sort of EGR fault and my new valve comes in tomorrow, so it's due for replacement.

It's a 2002 PT Cruiser. So any of those issues could be an "all of a sudden" problem?

[email protected]