Sundown Audio

Help Me Tune My Amp Pic Inside

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

why not parallel your subs to a lower ohm load, and back up on the gain a bit.

because they are $30 dollar subs and if i ran them at 1 ohm they would literally implode lol...maybe that might not be such a bad idea :spiteful:. Just bought them to fill the two empty wholes in my sub box till i can save some money for some type R's or maybe some SSD's. I saw mini mead's build and thought that 70 bucks for a couple of subs would hold me over until i blow em or i could afford different ones.

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

WOW that thread got heated for a while sorry I missed the action...LOL...

The only thing that I would change is the fusing on your power wire..... The fuse is there to9 keep you from burning your car tp the ground.... I looked for your power wire size and didn't see it... Fuse should max the size off your wire that way if shit happens the fuse will burn, and your wire wont catch your car on fire....

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

Here is what my amp is set up like, keep in mind im running 2 12"s in a sealed box at 4 ohms.

Posted Image

Turns out that my subsonic was set at 25hz and not the 35hz that i first thought it was at. I might try playing with it at 15 and 35 and seeing which sounds better since maybe the advice i was given before might not have been correct. Oh and my head unit has 4 volt pre-outs so your gain will have to be turned down...the only way to know is if you set it with a DMM. And yes i know that the gain or "level" knob looks like it's at it's fullest setting but it's not, after about 85% turned the gain starts increasing exponentially. So if i turned it about 1-2% more then what it is on that picture then the voltage would increase from 27 to 32 ish. Thats why in my first post i said dont rely on the numbers printed around the knob.

By the way the level settings were done with a DMM and a 50hz test tone with the volume at 75%.

way to rock the maxxed out gain :rolleyes:

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo