Sonic Electronix

Advice Being Given...

There could be some sort of ranking system, that somehow lets the users know they are getting somewhat correct advice over some newbie member that is kind of unsure and is going by hear say.

I kinda liked the + or - rep idea, but like james said a while ago, it turns out to be a popularity contest so that throws it all outta wack (never thought about it like that).

But like foreverbumpin said above how he tries to stick the the topics he knows, and I tend to do the same thing (sure Ill move into some other topics if Im bribed with shirts tho). :give_rose:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

what about a new section for just any questions about car audio. now matter how easy the question is, you cant flame the person. you may not get your question answered as quick as if you put it in general audio but you wont be flamed for it being a upid quesion b/c you put it in the newbs car setion.

To me that would be a waste of forum space. Theres already sub forums for general audio discussions like you said, your build pages (which are just for build ups) then you got all the others which are for question and are broke down into categorys such as wiring/electrical, amps, subs, speakers, headunit/eq's, boxes, alarms. Those sections are for posting up questions you may have, or posting up info about new and comming products.

imo theres already to many sections here, to open ANOTHER section would be pointless. but then again its not my site so maybe the man will read this and agree with you.

Pwoplw just need to post more intelligently and things will roll perfectly fine.

Ive personally been guilty of telling people to search, as im not the one looking for the information and when i am looking for the information i "look" for it

There is already a very useful site for the basics of car audio.

http://www.bcae1.com/

I found it when searching the web.

I think if more people searched for something we wouldn't have this issue. And the last thing we need is a noob section.

I just can't believe people do the things they do with the resources like the net. I only wished I had this resource when I 1st started out.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I have not been here all that long like some of you guys, but I am always careful about what advice I give and what advice I take.

I have no problem posting about something that I have actually done, or a piece of equipment/brand that I have used for along time.

I am more apt to take someones advice here when I have seen their build log and the quality of their work.

I wouldn't expect to be treated any different.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Archived