Second Skin Audio

New Direction With Build Need Help Choosing Subs

okay heres the deal: 1983 Chevy Camaro.. will be able to squeeze out about 4 ft^3 in a sealed box at most. It will be a daily driver but I'm building it for some extreme sound and hellar lows. Looking to go with either: a 15" RE XXX or MT or a 15" FI BL.... also thinking of going with 2 12's instead.. what direction is best without blowing my hatch off?

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

okay heres the deal: 1983 Chevy Camaro.. will be able to squeeze out about 4 ft^3 in a sealed box at most. It will be a daily driver but I'm building it for some extreme sound and hellar lows. Looking to go with either: a 15" RE XXX or MT or a 15" FI BL.... also thinking of going with 2 12's instead.. what direction is best without blowing my hatch off?

u could do 2 fi q 12s.... they like sealed and more cone area than re xxx

or 2 aa havocs 12s, prolly sound better than q.... ud need 2500w rms, little more expensive choice

2 12 *** icons would be sweet

2 si mag v4s loooove small sealed boxes

if you can fit 4cubes after displacement u could do 2 15s sealed also....

o and mt isnt for u and bl isnt for you.. they dont like sealed

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

wow.. nice having a lot of options. Amp wise im looking at running maybe a Kicker ZX2500.1 or a Rockford T20001BD or 2 T15001BD depending on what setup i go with.. so if i ran a MX would it be best for a single 15 or 2 12s

Edited by Mikesmith0890

any more opinions out there? im open to anything really

• 2 weeks later...

DC audio at DCsoundlab.com

check them out!!

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Don't forget that the MX and XXX have pretty extreme mounting depth.

With 4 cubes you could probably do 2 12's ported or 1 15 ported and you'll get a lot more output.

if you have 4 cubes, two re sx 12's aor fi q 12's would be great. xxx's need alot of power and do poor on the meter. I like my sx's better than the xxx's. Bl's have nbever impressed me. 4 cubes is not that big, IF you have the power a btl 15 would be VERY LOUD, but you need LOTS of power, and it terribly inefficient.

2 re sx's would be my choice, if you have 4 cubes after displacement, go ported. It will be a BIG box after port and all.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/