Second Skin Audio

Thinking Up A New Design

So I've been running this box since August and I'm thinking about redoing it along with a few other changes. So the first design was was a dual chamber design that was tuned to 33htz.

cc1kx0.jpg

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

The subs are DC Level 4's with dual 1ohm Level 5 coils. Currently running of a Autotek MM4000.1D amp, however by next weekend the subs will each have a Kicker ZX2500.1 amp. This new box won't get built till spring but I figured I'd go ahead and start the new design process now.

I like this box but I feel that I can get louder if I make a few changes. First would be to do away with the dual chamber ideal and go with a common chamber design. this will allow for more port area and ease of build. I also believe I can gain at least 1cuft of internal space just by removing the dividing board and one of the ports. So I have a few sketches up and I wanted to run them by you guys to see what you think. I'm thinking of going with design 1 but I wanted some more feedback.

1) dcbox2fv8.jpg

w1280.png

2)rustybox2sb3.jpg

w1280.png

3)dcbox3fd6.jpg

w1280.png

Edited by pervitizm

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

How do you plan to wire up to the Kicker amp? Dual 1 ohm coils only give you 1 ohm, 0.25 ohms or 4 ohms as options... The Kicker doesn't like 1 ohm daily and doesn't make power at 4.

As for the boxes, I would do design 1 but fire the port backwards along the bottom, or design 2. Sub up port back is generally louder in SUVs as long as you have a little bit of space between the port and the tailgate.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

How do you plan to wire up to the Kicker amp? Dual 1 ohm coils only give you 1 ohm, 0.25 ohms or 4 ohms as options... The Kicker doesn't like 1 ohm daily and doesn't make power at 4.

As for the boxes, I would do design 1 but fire the port backwards along the bottom, or design 2. Sub up port back is generally louder in SUVs as long as you have a little bit of space between the port and the tailgate.

Nope I will run each amp at 2ohm. That's how I have them hooked up to the Autotek right now. The subs are dual 1ohm, wire each one in series and they go to 2ohms each. I'm liking design one the way it is. With the box I have right now I'm getting funky vibration noise comming from the rear hatch right now. I'm not sure if that's due to damping on my end or tuning offset on the box. One of the main problems I currently have with the box is that when I did the ports the front board was warpped inward a bit. That in turn threw my measurments off. The back L on the right chamber is about 3.25in wide as apose to the 4in in my design. So one of the chambers is off tune t what I had designed.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....