Sonic Electronix

Plans for my run at 150db with a single 12.......

Well, I'm gathering parts and planning for this winter's run at 150db, and wanted to see what you guys think.

Right now, I'm at 146.2 with a single MTX 9512 on a Memphis MC-1500d at 44hz.  The enclosure is very musical, and any enclosure that goes in there will be.  There will be no one note wonders.

The enclosure will most likely be another horn, since this one worked so well.  I'm thinking about running a TC LMS-5400 12" as the sub, but that's not certain yet, since it's not even out yet, but it looks promising.  I'm probably changing out the 1500d for the Memphis 4kd to run whatever sub I choose.

The electrical system will consist of a 180 amp alternator (the largest I can get for my car), 4 batcap 800's and 4 runs of 1/0 for both power and ground.

What do you guys think?

don't sound bad man, i heard those batcaps are pretty cool and pack lots of juice.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

I know it's going to be a major challenge, but you have to aim high.  I figure with over twice the power, and a lot better woofer than what I have, I should be able to come close to picking up the 4db that I need, but we'll see.  I'm a realist, so I know it's going to be tough, but noone I know has even tried it musically, and at 146, I'm already the guy who everyone kind of says "WTF???" when I pop the trunk, and I like it. :D

• 1 year later...
Well, I'm gathering parts and planning for this winter's run at 150db, and wanted to see what you guys think.

Right now, I'm at 146.2 with a single MTX 9512 on a Memphis MC-1500d at 44hz.  The enclosure is very musical, and any enclosure that goes in there will be.  There will be no one note wonders.

The enclosure will most likely be another horn, since this one worked so well.  I'm thinking about running a TC LMS-5400 12" as the sub, but that's not certain yet, since it's not even out yet, but it looks promising.  I'm probably changing out the 1500d for the Memphis 4kd to run whatever sub I choose.

The electrical system will consist of a 180 amp alternator (the largest I can get for my car), 4 batcap 800's and 4 runs of 1/0 for both power and ground.

What do you guys think?

Love the Memphis product....but I would run 4 of the memphis MCD1000's,not the 4kw.More power less amperage needed!!

what organization do u compete in? if its meca then i think u can pull it off, if its dbdrag its going to obviously be harder. there is a guy in meca who hit a 150 and some change off of one 10 in a truck...i think its tottaly doable! good luck!

i likes me some audio stuff...