Ford Or Chevy!?!?!? Im Not A Big Automotive Know It All

there is nothing wrong with the 4.6 or the 5.4 i have driven vehicles with both motors.

my 4.6 in my thunderbird and mustang never give me any problems and the power is there when you need it. and my dad has a 94 thunderbird with a 5.4 swap and its the same story. both are great motors. but i do i agree ford should have NEVER gotten rid of the 302 or 289.

Matt W.

1996 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6

new system soon...still deciding on what to get.

there is nothing wrong with the 4.6 or the 5.4 i have driven vehicles with both motors.

my 4.6 in my thunderbird and mustang never give me any problems and the power is there when you need it. and my dad has a 94 thunderbird with a 5.4 swap and its the same story. both are great motors. but i do i agree ford should have NEVER gotten rid of the 302 or 289.

I agree with you on both of those...I had the 4.6 in a t-bird and it was great, no problems. Had the 5.4 in my Superpoo and it ran really strong, no problems and nice and peppy!

I'm not biased but I most likely wouldn't go for the ford and I own a 95 mustang. reason why I wouldn't is because me dad had a 2000 f150 that blew a spark plug out of the head and ford wouldn't cover it. found out this was a common problem with the 5.4s and 4.6s and none of it was covered by ford. If the expedition or explorers your getting come with something else other than the 5.4 or 4.6 which I doubt then I would recommend the ford but just keep in mind you could get one of the thousands like my family did that blew the plugs out of the heads or could be lucky and get one that had more than three threads in the heads.. other than the plugs the 5.4 is a great motor and easy to make good power with

good luck choosing

Edited by pk222

Bottom line get the best you can afford weither it be a Ford or Chevy. An if someone already said that, sorry I skipped all the Ford vs. Chevy crap.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Bottom line get the best you can afford weither it be a Ford or Chevy. An if someone already said that, sorry I skipped all the Ford vs. Chevy crap.

well thanks alot to everyone!!! lol i think i am goin to look into the trailblazer i have been lookin at them i like them alot but if i cant afford one i will end up gettin a tahoe

starting fresh, chrysler 300.. no subs amp nothin

I NEED HELP looking to purchase saz-1500d and 15" 1000rms subREFS- feedback/refs.. click!

that trailblazer ss is a beast too. my cousin has one of them. no complaints about that one.

both ford and chevy build nice cars and trucks....and both companies have their problems. get what you want and can afford like banginAltima said.

Matt W.

1996 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6

new system soon...still deciding on what to get.

Yes, what 1LOWSUV said

IMO...Chevy tops Ford in the SUV category, As far as trucks I'll take an F-whatever over a chevy anyday

And here's the funny thing..... I just bought an 08' Ford F150 ! But if I were going to buy an SUV, it would have been an 08' Chevy Tahoe. I don't like the front ends on the new Chevy trucks (although I've seen a few solid black, or other solid color ones lately, that didn't look too bad). The Tahoe's don't have that funky chrome crap on the bumpers though, so they look really nice.

IMPO though, it's hard to go wrong with ANY new Chevy, or Ford. It's really a shame that these companies are hurting so bad, even though they are making better vehicles than they ever have !

Hmmmm,

Fish