Bassrace Question

its best to be about 5db over your class on your peak because it gives you a little more headroom if you have a bad start. It just means you can turn it up more and still gain instead of having to have a perfect start everytime to hopefully get the 1X9.9. bassrace is really all about your start anyways. the better start that you have the less difficult it will be on you and your equipment to do the 1X9.9. its all about practicing. ive been practicing the hell out of my setup for doing perfect 59.9's everytime but trying not to bust out is the hardest part of bassrace because u never know if the meter is going to go up or down in that last second because they only show to the tenth instead of the hundreth on the screen so its harder to control.

Doors and windows Sealed on the Passenger side windshield. you can use any type of device to run your music as long as its a commercially available track and isnt on the banned list they already have on termpro. other than that there is no rules on your build. u could be lame and do your install in front of bpillar because there is no rule but u would be made fun of and have no respect in the sport.

my .02

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

well using my friends truck i tried this out on my tl. the first few times the part where it tells your reading went red, i'm guessing thats bad?

sounds like you red lighted.

Its just like bracket racing in drag racing. You cant go before the timer starts.

becasue of a slight delay, the soonest you can start is on the end of SET, but if you play music on Ready, you lose the round.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

this bass racing sounds so much fun. a lot better then dBDrag IMO but the more i read this thread the more it sounds like you need to own a TL to practice a lot.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

this bass racing sounds so much fun. a lot better then dBDrag IMO but the more i read this thread the more it sounds like you need to own a TL to practice a lot.

owning a TL can help but its not necessary. You can just go to a show and most judges will let you practice before the competition starts.

Do that at a few shows and you'd be good.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

i love bassrace MUCH more than db drag.

i own a termlab and i never use it and i do great. also like mentioned above most judges allow you to practice

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

I dont have a TL at all, and almost every single show near me, I take the win in the 129.9 class.

I as well use the bass knob. My HU only goes to 32 so trying to control that would be impossible.

THe best thing when qualifying for a class is to not really go near the 1x9.9. For beginners I tell them to stay around 128.5-129.0 and same goes for each class, that way you do not accidentally get a 130.2 for example and have to compete in the higher class that your system cannot run in as easily.

I dont have a TL at all, and almost every single show near me, I take the win in the 129.9 class.

I as well use the bass knob. My HU only goes to 32 so trying to control that would be impossible.

THe best thing when qualifying for a class is to not really go near the 1x9.9. For beginners I tell them to stay around 128.5-129.0 and same goes for each class, that way you do not accidentally get a 130.2 for example and have to compete in the higher class that your system cannot run in as easily.

There is a problem with qualifying with a 128.5 or something like that. If you get beat in the first round and you qualified with a 129.9 you would get more points than someone who also lost in the first round who did a 128.5 So there is a benefit to qualifying with a 9.9 and that's why I've tried so hard to do it at every event. There have been a few times where I lost in the second round and still got 3rd place since I qualified with a 129.9 ALWAYS do a 9.9 or a 9.8 at the least cause it will help you in the long run.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Oh yea, I always try and qualify as best I can because of that reason as well. But as far as people doing it their first time, if there are less then 8 people in the class, everyone will advance to the next round anyways so for their very first time, I suggest they stay in that range.