Ive played with my amps a little and it plays the higher stuff better now. Not great, but better.

Now theres 2 top subs not working. Same exact thing happened. When I get back from ym trip I gotta take em out and see whats wrong. When I do im rewiring my amps to a higher load.

The stuff I play is around 28-36hz or so. Thats where it really shines.

Man I wish I could go all out like that too. You got mad balls to go that big...

Have you gotten it metered yet?

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

so the top two arent playin at all? you think its could be the tinsel leads?

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

so the top two arent playin at all? you think its could be the tinsel leads?

Not sure. Im in Illinois (Carbondale specifically) to see my sister graduate law school. When I get back, which will be Sunday night, I might drop the 2 top subs and check those out. If those are fine, something might have happened with an amp. As soon as I find the problem the amps are being rewired.

When you're running 5,000rms to a speaker @ .35ohm, shit is going to go wrong.

For daily beating, thats just too much power. Not just bad luck, just a dumb move on my part running that much power at that ohm load. Id be pretty confident in them taking 4,000rms daily @ 1 ohm or above in a box with a little less port. When I get my stuff, I wanna listen to it. Whether its Type Rs, Treos, Xplods, or BTLs, im going to crank it. No point in having something that I cant listen to for more than 15 seconds.

One thing I will say is dont run 5,000rms to a BTL daily. I dont know how the hell Meade or anyone else does it, but it doesnt seem to work to well. I mean they really took the abuse I put em through... Especially for 2.5x their RMS @ .35ohm in a big ported box. We dropped the 2 top subs today and on one, the tinsels are broken, and in both the cone is seperated from the spider. The coils are a little dark, but definately still playable. The speakers are cut up and waiting for recones. Gotta order em either today or tomorrow. I wont be making the show during the weekend, but whatever. Im just runnin the 2 bottom subs for now. Goin easy on em. They're loud enough for a daily beater until I get it all workin. I mean with 2 subs I can still do hair tricks with both windows all the way down... Anyways, Ill take a pic of the tinsels and cone seperated and show you guys later.

i think its just the fact youre running it as such a low resistance that it causes it to blow. as sad as this may be, i think you need to upgrade to different amps and make sure the ohm load isnt that low or rewire it so the ohm load is alot higher. the subs seem like they can handle the wattage just the current is way too high for the coils to sustain

i think its just the fact youre running it as such a low resistance that it causes it to blow. as sad as this may be, i think you need to upgrade to different amps and make sure the ohm load isnt that low or rewire it so the ohm load is alot higher. the subs seem like they can handle the wattage just the current is way too high for the coils to sustain

Im definately keepin Sundown, just going to rewire so that they're strapped @ 2.8 instead of .7.

Archived