Sonic Electronix

What Hz Can Be Heard The Farthest?

higher tones use up more energy so they die down quicker

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Low frequencies definitely travel farther. The lower the farther. The reason lies in the directional nature of high frequencies. High frequencies don't travel around corners and obstacles well whereas relatively lower ones, because of the lower wavelength, are able to propagate around more obstacles. You will, accordingly, be able to detect lower frequencies farther (all things being equal).

Doesn't Frequency decrease with the further you are away from the sound source? Wouldn't the pressure waves spread apart?

images-4.jpgdjscrewbanner5sf.jpgimages.jpg

"IT SOUNDS SLOW MOTION AND STUTTERING"~~~~LOL

2 15" Fi BTLs

7.5 cf box @ 33hz

Sundown SAZ-3500D

Powermaster S3400 & D3100

Iraggi 300a alt

SecondSkin - totally dead

Knu wire

depending on how many watts your running would show how far your certain frequencies would travel. so lower the frequency the farther the travel but you have to have the power to push it that distance. kind of like a Tsunami (tital wave) its huge and has a mass of energy but its very low frequency maybe 1 or 2 waves but what it takes to generate a wave like that has to be even more massive in energy like earth plates colliding or volcanic eruption. so what im gettin at here is your range in frequency travel is going to be different then everyone elses because of power differences. like charger said hes friend hit 150dbs at 25hz that is going to be heard farther then 150dbs at 50hz.

Low frequencies..travel farther.

Wave lengths much longer and do not get deflected as easily as a high frequency...

Whether you can hear the frequencies that you are talking about is an entire different ballpark. You can lay an elephant out cold with a low frequency from a few miles away..or you can make a dog fall over dead in its tracks with a high frequency..

You'll never hear it..but just because you can't hear it, does not mean that it does not have an effect on the body.

However you my expel your bowls and some other very nasty things in the process though...

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Low frequencies will travel through medium a further distance due to the nature of the wave itself. Since the distance between crest and trough is great, it gives the waveform ample time to transfer its energy from one medium to another. A low frequency wave has much greater penetration power than any high frequency. However, the power and force needed to generate low frequency waves that hold a fraction of the power of high frequency waves is immense.

Picture this if you will. You have two transducers, a larger driver generating a sub-bass frequency with the electrical power of one watt. You then have a compression driver generating a high frequency with the electrical power of one watt. The acoustical energy in watts shall be much larger with the high frequency waveform, discounting driver effeciency. Now walk outside the room that these drivers are in. The predominant frequency you can hear through the walls is most definately the low frequency, however open the door and the high frequency is far more powerful. High frequencies hold more power over a period than a low frequency, and thus the more acoustic energy = the more 'volume.'

So really, it comes to this. In a densely packed medium, the low frequencies shall travel further and be far more audible. In a light medium, high frequencies with less loss of audible power are more audible. So in a tight city block, you will find low frequencies can be noticed. Out in fields etc, high frequencies will be more audible.

However, I strongly believe that whilst driving, car audio should concern the driver and passengers of said vehicle, and that the point of your installation should not be to be an annoyance or distraction to others.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

elephants communicate by ultra low frequencies that travel for miles and miles

I read an article that scientist in Africa figured out the subsonic frequencies elephants use to communicate. They then constructed a "wall" of woofers and figured out they could use a pattern of busts to make the elephants crap. We can now make elephants crap in the name of science? It was done from a great distance.

Darvex468smd.jpg

Archived