Sundown Audio

Sundown Vs Aq

Zade08

Sundown saz-1500d or AQ 2200d?

Which amp puts out a higher rms at 1ohm at around 12.4v. Iv read a few threads on it via google, but nothing promising.

Both amps cost about the same. So I guess my conclusion Im trying to reach is for the $ per watts, which amp is built better and has a better over all sound quality to them.

My first assumption is that you realy cant go wrong with either brand.

Comment?

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

Sundown - 1500rms@1ohm

AQ - 2200rms@1ohm

So i would say AQ and ive herd alot of good things about AQ for the price.

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

Sundown saz-1500d or AQ 2200d?

Which amp puts out a higher rms at 1ohm at around 12.4v. Iv read a few threads on it via google, but nothing promising.

Both amps cost about the same. So I guess my conclusion Im trying to reach is for the $ per watts, which amp is built better and has a better over all sound quality to them.

My first assumption is that you realy cant go wrong with either brand.

Comment?

the AQ 2200D is supposed to be stronger at 1 ohm. According to this http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Sundown_Audio_SAZ-1500D/ the Sundown is rated of 1500 watts RMS at 1 Ohm whereas the AQ2200D is rated for 2200 watts RMS at 1 Ohm. http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps2200D.htm.

I read that that 2200 rms was at 16volts while the sundown is rated at 12 volts.

All out for a rebuild.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

Sweet james. Thanks for the reply thats what I wanted to hear. How are the AQs with durability. I keep reading that the sundowns can take one hell of a beating.

All out for a rebuild.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

i have ran a AQ 2200 and i loved it. it did seem like it ran a lil hot sometimes but never cut off and i would run it full tilt hours at a time while i was on trips from MS to TX

2 15" DC LVL 5' crescendo 5500 yellow top under the hood and two xs power d3100

Big three upgrade

Rockford Fosgate T162S components in front

Rockford Fosgate T152 in the back

Dynamat everywhere

aq is rated at 14 not 16 v at 1 ohm you get more power from, the aq but only about 300 rms due to the sundown putting out around 18oorms

X2 on this. I'm able to get that much power out of my 1500d's, but I've got as high as 2200 at .5ohms for burps only. Whoever said that the Aq amp and the 1500d's are the same price is wrong. The Aq amp is $380 and the Sundown one is $475 from ***. I've never tested or even heard one of the Aq amps so I have nothing bad to say about them. However I do run a Sundown saz1500d per 12 in my car on a daily basis and I do not think there is another amp on the market that compares with it. It's reliability and customer service is equal to if not greater than any other out there. Not to mention that it does over the rated rms, and will produce over 2K peak for burps with a stable electrical system. I've only heard good about the Aq amps too, but if your looking for something you know you can count on the Sundown is the one for you.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Well I got my saz-1500d from dbr for 375 so there aboutthe same price with Chris's work and warranty. :) Reason I ask is that Im gonna throw together a small spl project in a month or two and was curious about running the 1500 or ordering a second amp.

All out for a rebuild.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

Archived