What Tool Do You Guys Use For The Sub Circles?

Screw in the middle, tie a 6 inch string to it, tie a pencil to the other end and go around the screw

so your saying a 12" sub needs a 12" hole? :01nocomment8so:

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

The best way to draw a circle would be to use a drawing compass. You can buy basic versions for as little as $1 in the school supply section.

http://www.nextag.com/Staedtler-Compasses-...5A69DE436C24781

11970558.jpg

Screw in the middle, tie a 6 inch string to it, tie a pencil to the other end and go around the screw

Lots of room for error there. If you don't hold your pencil straight and don't get your string perfect your hole will suffer.

Edited by Derrick824

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

I just use a Router Buddy. It's cheap and easy to use. You drill a hole in the center of the circle you want to cut, adjust the jig to the right length, set the router on it and start cutting.

EDIT: Oh, you said draw. A basic compass would work like Derrick said.

Edited by Neo_frog

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I use a cutout template and then measure it several times to be sure it is the right size. Then I cut it out- sometimes with a jig saw, but other times my Roto-Zip.

If I made boxes more often though, I would definitely go with the router and jig.... Find your center and it makes those circles "perfect" as you say.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

i use plumbers tape, bend one side into a circle and put it around a nail in the center and do the same on the other side large enough for a pencil, roll it around the pencil till its the right length then make a circle

then i cut it out with a 19$ black and decker jigsaw...aint fancy but it makes perfect round holes if youre careful enough

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

i second the string/screw/pencil

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

i normally use my jigsaw. i get some damn good circles with it. but i have been using the same jigsaw for about 12 years now so i am very comfortable with it. the only time i use a jasper jig is when i need to get a box done in under a hour.

----reference's----

meade916