Sonic Electronix

alright i really need help, ive never had anything like this happen 2 me and its sumwhat creepy. alright so ive been working on this install all day, 03 silverado with two 12" re re subs and a sony amp XM1252GTRRB (model number). alright so everything is installed, its off the stock cd player so its going through the high level inputs. blah blah got everything hooked up and as soon as i got power connected and flowing the amp turned on, key off everything. it will turn on for a while then turn off. so i figured remote was messed up because i ran it off an accesorry fuse, so i went and pulled the fuse and the damn amp was still on. then i thought maybe there was a strand of the power wire touching the remote terminal. so i disconnected the remote wire from the amp and checked to see if there was any wire from the power wire touching. but there was nothing and the amp will still turn on. i really have no idea what is going on, its for my uncle and he has been here all day helping me finish the box and run all the wires and shit. i need to get this done tonight since he lives so far away. please help, thanks a million!!!! -- john

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

alllllllriiiight, so i was fckin with it and it works normal if the speaker high level input plug is out. soooooo confuse, any ideas... anything lol. help

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

i know its a sony, i know but it was cea complient and it put out enough power and it was cheap. i figured it would be good enough for a little truck stereo and now its being stupid. gonna try some other shit.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

yeah man get a 15$ line out converter and use that instead of the high level, i never liked using those always had problems

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

It probably has some sort of power-on sensing on the hi level inputs, so the amp will turn on with the stock headunit.

A lot of stock headunits output like +4v or something all the time on the speaker outputs to turn on things like factory amps.

If the headunit was on the amp will probably come on regardless of whether you have the remote connected or not.

EDIT: Yup, it has Hi-Level sensing turn-on. So when you have the high-levels connected it will probably behave a little bit oddly. You don't even need the remote wire.

EDIT: I would read the manual and confirm if fucking adobe acrobat would stop being such a fucking shit piece of burnt fail.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

sorry man,cea compliant or not,still a sony

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

sorry man,cea compliant or not,still a sony

we no it a sony...its his uncles who is on a budget...not goin for loud like we do...just wants a lil xtra bump....if ya aint gona help STFU and GTFO

Edited by BASS14

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

we no it a sony...its his uncles who is on a budget...not goin for loud like we do...just wants a lil xtra bump....if ya aint gona help STFU and GTFO

waaah...on a budget??buy crap and pay twice = great budgeting....sorry, dont need to get pissed off,but he bought crap and is going to have to pay for another amp if this one is bad,so you tell me..he should have consulted with you since you know what your doing and if he did you are costing him more money than he can obviously afford...

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab