Sonic Electronix

How Do You Actually Accomplish A Hair Trick..?

I see alot of people doing the hair trick nowadays. Still dont know how it is possible with some setups I have seen. What exactly is needed to accomplish a hair trick...

Actually, more to the point, What would I need to put in my car to be able to due a hair trick? And that does not include building a wall, just the trunk setup. What would be needed. \

For reference, I have an Altima, and Ive been thru Premiers, Cerwin Vegas, L7s, Memphis Mojos. What fo you guys actually use? That ones that have done this.

Thanks. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

:)

I don't think you can do it with a trunk set up unless you remove the back seat and have no airflow restriction between trunk and cabin

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

yup from a trunk subs+port forward moar power moar cone the better

i think james mentioned moving a few hairs with his MXs

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

There is not a minimum db level required to do a hairtrick. It all comes down to moving air. I dont see you building a trunk setup that will pull off a hairtrick, at least not without removing your back seat, and doing a half wall, or something of the like.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

You could do a trunk setup with having the port go into the cabin thru the top near the rear window.. should be possible to pull off a hair trick with 1 18 or 2 15s with roughly 3k rms? i would think its possible

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

cone area and power. the more, the better. i think the min is like 6k-10k rms of power or something near 150 db's.

chime in if im way off guys. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

i was doing hair tricks with 2 15s and 2krms tops

its not all bout power or dbs its bout moving air

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i was doing hair tricks with 2 15s and 2krms tops

its not all bout power or dbs its bout moving air

i wasnt sure. thats why i said..............................................chime in if im wrong. but, it still takes power to move air. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

127702-1.jpg

kinetik-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpgRockford_Logo-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1--2.jpg

Call the bs flagg if you want but I got a small hair trick in my ford escape with ym 2 bl 15s and an saz-1500d at 1 ohm. Usda white girl with all the windows up except the driver side cracked about half way. Not much but a hair trick non the less.

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

Completely possible but you have to know what you are doing, especially in a trunk car. Ive heard of a stratus doing 153s in a trunk setup on 2 15s I believe it was.

Not to be mean, but I dont think that you persay could do it right now, but maybe with practice, experience and trial and error you eventually could.

Archived