hey kentb;

i was going to build a wall like yours behind the seat, but we wouldnt have finished it by autorama and it still be removable in one piece. May have to steal ur 2 piece box idea to get them in the truck next time. have you considered putting a beauty panel on the front to make it appear one piece?

i was considering it before but i'm planning to rebuild the box and get rid of the wall and make the wirings neater.

but funds don't permit it yet. so we'll see.

the good thing about having a wall is the back hatch will not rattle like a mofo

i say just wall that bish up from the b-pillar. just something temporary for autorama. you guys have access to a good shop anyways so it will be easy.

the current setup will do fine for a couple months, then ill rebuild, the box is just far to beautiful to change up this soon. i need to lower the tuning of the box because now that my subs are broken in they are unloading funny without the subsonic filter...so hopefully pretty soon, we'll find a way to thin the o.d. of schedule 40 pvc in half, then ill buy 20hz high pass rca filters and bump for a good while.

Im also going to see if its possible to get my hands on 2 more of these hybrids.

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

You not using the mmats corssover are you?

Awesome amps but worse crossover ever! They let though crazy midbass into your subs even when set to 77hz.

Can you filter from headunit or a active crossover as it will sound litterally 100% better!

My saying: "A boom a day keeps the hearing away."

looksalot like a TC CP cone on them, they were ment for SPL applications and sucked ass on the lows comparent to thier high roll surround upper assemblies.

nice looking setup non the less

yea thats how these amps stay so slim they have no settings!!!! gain and crossover, and yes i am using the onboard crossover, and the tc softparts and basket are actually from the neomaxx subwoofers they used to build. The guy thats mentoring me goes to china all the time to get amps and what not designed and built, and so hes convieniently gone when i have a deadline. I will get a 360.2 in the near future, along with my batteries, transformers, and then im going to bassrace 149's for one run!!! and see what fails on the drivers. not by autorama tho. I may pull it all out after the show and restart further down the road when i get parts located. im hoping to get a coil similar to that used on the btl the copper clad alluminum flatwind and all that either way i need more coils or ill burnoff the solder on the tinsel leads. from what i can tell i figure i could go another 1/2" of xmax before mechanical stress.

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

yea thats how these amps stay so slim they have no settings!!!! gain and crossover, and yes i am using the onboard crossover, and the tc softparts and basket are actually from the neomaxx subwoofers they used to build. The guy thats mentoring me goes to china all the time to get amps and what not designed and built, and so hes convieniently gone when i have a deadline. I will get a 360.2 in the near future, along with my batteries, transformers, and then im going to bassrace 149's for one run!!! and see what fails on the drivers. not by autorama tho. I may pull it all out after the show and restart further down the road when i get parts located. im hoping to get a coil similar to that used on the btl the copper clad alluminum flatwind and all that either way i need more coils or ill burnoff the solder on the tinsel leads. from what i can tell i figure i could go another 1/2" of xmax before mechanical stress.

If your looking for a solid 3" coil pm sundownz. He is the owner of Sundown Audio and has some very beastly coils. If your sub has a big enough gap he may be able to hook you up with one of his 3" 12 layer coils! He also has 3 different length 3" 8 layer coils. That would be one of the guys to talk to about buying coils from imo.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived