Sundown Audio

Testing All The Sundown Saz Amps

Ok now that your done testing it you can mail my 3000d back to me. Ill PM you the return address. lol. Nice job man. Good to get a comparison on a TL.

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

Its still seems like they need more signal.

No doubt my overall #s were down & I'm not 100% on why but for now I'm just gonna blame it on the freezing weather. Everything was done identically though so the comparative #s are legit.

IMO the saz-1500d and saz-2000d power this stock sub right in it's sweet spot. I would typically expect a lil more gain going up to the saz-3000d but at that power level (more than twice rms) I believe power compression was starting to come into play. Also since the saz-3000d was tested last, the sun was setting and the temp had dropped a bit during that one.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

No doubt my overall #s were down & I'm not 100% on why but for now I'm just gonna blame it on the freezing weather. Everything was done identically though so the comparative #s are legit.

IMO the saz-1500d and saz-2000d power this stock sub right in it's sweet spot. I would typically expect a lil more gain going up to the saz-3000d but at that power level (more than twice rms) I believe power compression was starting to come into play. Also since the saz-3000d was tested last, the sun was setting and the temp had dropped a bit during that one.

Nice job on comparing SPL

Your test results show a strong difference between amplifiers IMO

It had more to do with electrical losses caused from the higher amperage draw of the larger amplifiers. Keep in mind every time you add power your reactive changes and every amp is usually going to be the strongest at a certain resistance after reactive (meaning a higher impedance is not always a bad thing). After reactive I have seen several amps be the strongest around 1.7-2 ohms. I remember Skip01 on another forum did a direct swap with a 500.1 and a 200.1 and there was only tenths that separated the two amplifiers (like .4db)...made perfect sense to me for one mostly due to electrical.

Clamp these amps sometime for power and do a reactive load test.

I am going to with a 1500D and a 3000D sometime this week.

Caprice Wagon build

2010 Florida Spring Break Nationals MECA Drive By Winner

161DB on 15K @ 41hz

Eclipse Build

155+ No Wall

2007 Steel Valley Regionals 3X 139.9 Winner

2008 SoundXtreme 3X 149.9 Winner

2008 Slamology 149.9 3X Winner

2008 149.9 Bass Race World Champion

2009 149.9 Florida Spring Break Nationals Champion

Nice job on comparing SPL

Your test results show a strong difference between amplifiers IMO

It had more to do with electrical losses caused from the higher amperage draw of the larger amplifiers. Keep in mind every time you add power your reactive changes and every amp is usually going to be the strongest at a certain resistance after reactive (meaning a higher impedance is not always a bad thing). After reactive I have seen several amps be the strongest around 1.7-2 ohms. I remember Skip01 on another forum did a direct swap with a 500.1 and a 200.1 and there was only tenths that separated the two amplifiers (like .4db)...made perfect sense to me for one mostly due to electrical.

Yeah, but the test results are typical for anyone using these amps.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

I know that if not one this site there is a test where ibanender (Sean B.) tested (I think both the 1500D and the 3000D) he did 14-16 volts and Sundown amps are amazing.

Edited by bigbodylexus

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

Here is the link for the high voltage testing:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=22607

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

I got some more testing done today since the weather was a bit better. Temperature was in the upper 40*s. Everything else was identical to the previous testing on Saturday.

saz-1500d

Posted Image

saz-2000d

Posted Image

saz-3000d

Posted Image

Much better scores today. Even though I didn't get to test the saz-1000d I think it's a safe guess to say that it would also be somewhere between 0.9-1.1db louder hitting around 147.5db.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

One reason I think that your scores were up today over the other day is due to the batteries being able to produce more amperage at a higher temperature. Not to mention that you also said that the temperature overall probably had an effect on the score. I still have yet to determine what a lower temperature does to the spl and haven't had enough chances to test it. Other than it affecting the batteries and maybe the equiptment some, and definately the frequency it may also have something to do with the denser/less dense air affecting spl.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz