Second Skin Audio

Fi Btl Or Orion Hcca

2500 is plenty for a 9500 people need to stop thinking they have to have 3k and 4k, build a more efficient box

x2 could not have said it better myself.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

x2 could not have said it better myself.

x3

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

2500 is plenty for a 9500 people need to stop thinking they have to have 3k and 4k, build a more efficient box

Indeed it's 'plenty' - they are pretty efficient subs.

Just IMO they play best in a smaller box with a lot of port area and a load of power behind them. Small box keeps the cone under control so you don't go exploding the cone/former joint when it smashes into the top-plate, but you sacrifice efficiency obviously.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

saying they are pretty effiecient then being on the side of the discussion that 2500 isnt enough to wake them up, doesnt make alot of sense but w/e floats your boat

They have very low moving mass and a huge motor = efficient, correct?

They also have the thermal capability to handle, say, 4kw when used wisely.

I'm saying that in my experience with them, they work best when used with ~4kw in a small box because the design of the woofer doesn't lend itself so well to playing super low notes in a big efficient box. If you try to do that, you'll smash the cone into the spider landing or top plate (depending on the series) and the cone will explode. Find TeamRF150's post with the nicely exploded 9512 for an example.

Sure the box is inefficient but obviously you make up for that with power. IMO you're not getting the most out of the woofer otherwise. In a small box with lots of power they sound amazing, unlike what most people believe, and they get very loud.

With 'only' 2500w on tap I, personally, would be looking at other woofers that suit the power better. Not to say the 95 is bad with 2500w, but there are better options.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

you all forget that he only has 1 2500 and wants to run probably 2 subs.. so its not like 1 sub will get the full 2500 either

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones