Two Solox 10s And A Ss10000d = 150.6 Good?

daddy_j

DUED STOP POSTING MY DAMN PICS WITHOUT SAYING THEIR MINE!

my bad, sorry man

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

DUED STOP POSTING MY DAMN PICS WITHOUT SAYING THEIR MINE!

YOUR SO QUIET YOUR ACTING LIKE THEIR YOURS!

Where are u finding these? They don't say cardomain where i put them up.

EDIT: My bad I see where u say seeing how it's mine, but still where u get?

in the "just meade.... my projects" section

and i said this (post 12)

i also sent you a link to a build steve did for some guy with 2 12" trf subs in a crx and it pretty much showed what you need to do.

and post 13 was you saying this

That guy was me those are my boxes. Also have them in 15" as well

Long tubes are not the key, those 12's were tuned in the high 40's

Lot's of trial and error.

kinda thought it was implied that it was your crx

Oh and they were from your car domain as you can see by the link

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4880/3641/24699320023_large.jpg

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

well I hit a 151.7 at the comp on Sunday. so I gained 1.1 dbs in one week by just adding the tips, same voltage nothing different, even the same frequency. I had 7in pcv before all I did was cut it down to 3" and taped the 4" aero tips on the ends. and gained 1.1dbs, I can only imagine if I added one to both ends. lol

Now Im gonna just add the 6" ports, nothing else. There is another comp on the 15 of this month. I'm trying for 153dbs, with just the new 6" aeroports. Then by Spring Break I'm hoping for 155dbs, with resining the box and HO alt, and another battery. And some other little things.

Nice improvement. Get those 6's or even some more 4's and see what happens.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

NIghtshades this is the box you helped me design. Everyone was dissing this box and it hit 151.7dbs on 12volts, and on 17.1 volts it hit 153.8 dbs, too bad I don't own the16volt kinetiks. I borrowed them just to see what it would hit. I just can't wait on the 6" aeroports and resining the box, I think it is capable of 155dbs.

At the moment I am not working, so my girl is pretty much paying for everything, but she said no to the $80+ 6"ports, so I was thinking, how about I buy 6 more of these (I already have 2, so that would be 8 total). I could connect two together and create 8" long, and two per box would mean 4 pieces or (2) 4inch ports at 8" long per box. If I add 2 more 4" ports would they be longer or shorter than where they are now, to keep the frequencyaround the same? At the moment the ones on the box are 7" long. Thanks everyone. Remember I did say I was trying to gain without spending big cash.

Posted Image

If Im not wrong that should be 8inches of port rather than the 6" everyone recomends. Of coarse Im not sure 8 is better than 6. These ports will all be external, so they won't be taking up valuable air space in the box. For 6 more of these 4" aeroports with shipping is under $20, whatcha think?

how accurate is this site for port messuring?

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

I am not a dead beat, I am a Video DJ and its pretty slow.

NIghtshades this is the box you helped me design. Everyone was dissing this box and it hit 151.7dbs on 12volts, and on 17.1 volts it hit 153.8 dbs, too bad I don't own the16volt kinetiks. I borrowed them just to see what it would hit. I just can't wait on the 6" aeroports and resining the box, I think it is capable of 155dbs.

That's a good score either way. I told you I wasn't an expert at all when it comes to crx's, but from what I can tell what you have as far as box size is exactly what most of the competitors are running in their cars. I would go ahead and use what you have and if that's 4" aeros then use them for now. It has come to attention lately that a common chamber box will be louder, thanks to testing by Terry Brocks. Terry is doing a 159 or so on the dash with 4 dd9512's and 4 Hifonics Cyclops amps. He just switched to a common chamber box not too long ago and gained like .7-.8db's by that alone. If you want to try to build a new box make the face just big enough to mount the sub and ports on and make it narrower and longer than wide. Try it in a common chamber too. Don't change the size of the box cause that might hurt your score or even help it. You have an account on Termpro right? If so pm Scraper that's Terry and he is a crx god. If he doesn't answer you pm Tinted and tell him that I said to pm him. I'm friends with Yuli(Tinted) and he's the Db Dragracing Street B North American champion. He's on here too under the same name, but I don't know how often he is on this site.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

Forgot to mention that if you are adding more 4" aeros you'll need to make the one's you have longer than they are right now. By adding more port area it will make the note of your box go up, and you will need to make the ports longer to adjust for the increase in port area. Good luck with it man, you're doing really well for being fairly new to this. I'm no expert either, but I'm glad I could help you out some.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Biggest thing to remember is when adding port area or changing size of the box you need to change the port length. More port are longer port and smaller box longer port. It's kind of hard to tune without a spl meter. But ballpark to get you started for you 6" ports for a box that is 1.25qf per 10" sub is 14-16" overall.

Archived