10 Bucks A Foot?

I've seen Andrews pics of the two showing the Kicker Hyper-Flex to be bigger and I've also seen pics of the two showing the Knukonceptz being bigger. As soon as I can get my hands on a foot of Kicker Hyperflex I'm gonna see it for myself.

put some RF 1/0 in that mix too Derrick, if you can and snap a pic

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

ok now he arguing that its high frequencies that use the skin effect. with our stereos its lower frequencies which travel through the cross section (middle). this is confusing as shit.

Question:

I thought we were talking about power wire? As in, there hasn't been a frequency "introduced" yet?

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

ok now he arguing that its high frequencies that use the skin effect. with our stereos its lower frequencies which travel through the cross section (middle). this is confusing as shit.

"The main problem with skin effect is that it increases the effective resistance of a wire for AC at moderate to high frequencies, compared with the resistance of the same wire at direct current ( DC ) and low AC frequencies. The effect is most pronounced in radio-frequency ( RF ) systems, especially antenna s and transmission lines. But it can also affect the performance of high-fidelity sound equipment by causing attenuation in the treble range (the highest-pitched components of the audio).

Skin effect can be reduced by using stranded rather than solid wire. This increases the effective surface area of the wire for a given wire gauge."

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,...i541369,00.html

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

10 bucks a foot is a little much, I paid 4 bucks a foot for 4/0

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived