*1LOWSUV* Posted January 29, 2009 Report Posted January 29, 2009 Ok, so I got this Kenwood DDX-7015 from BenBuilding (Great Seller BTW) and I'm ready to hook it up. Do I need to wire a switch between the green wire and a ground or just ground it straight? I already know the legalities...so just need to know how "You" would do it. : [email protected]
roscoe1129 Posted January 29, 2009 Report Posted January 29, 2009 last kenwood I did I just ground the green wire Edit: but you can wire a kill switch in there in case the 5-0 rolls up... Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer Scientia est Vox "In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti" DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!! SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER
*1LOWSUV* Posted January 29, 2009 Author Report Posted January 29, 2009 last kenwood I did I just ground the green wireEdit: but you can wire a kill switch in there in case the 5-0 rolls up... I have a Brother who is a CHP so any "Fix-it" ticket I get in California is signed off by one of his buddies. So keeping it grounded doesn't hurt it over time? : [email protected]
finkster Posted January 29, 2009 Report Posted January 29, 2009 I have a Brother who is a CHP Chicken Hill Productions DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
Torres Posted January 29, 2009 Report Posted January 29, 2009 on my old kvt unit i had, i wired the green wire to a fuse in the fuse box. cuz it needed a signal to show it was in park, so the fuse just gave it that signal to look 'parked' all the time
Blazincaraudio Posted January 29, 2009 Report Posted January 29, 2009 We sell these units, you wont hurt anything over time if it is just grounded. No bubbles no troubles
audiofanaticz Posted January 29, 2009 Report Posted January 29, 2009 on my old kvt unit i had, i wired the green wire to a fuse in the fuse box. cuz it needed a signal to show it was in park, so the fuse just gave it that signal to look 'parked' all the time eww you feed a negative wire to a positive source... My kenwood I grounded the green wire straight to the ground spot on the harness. Had no issues.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.