Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Today is the day... I start the enclosure


Ernesto

Recommended Posts

Posted

Resin trick? if so are you then laying mat on top? if not what are you glassin?

I'm doing the resin trick at every corner and I'm going to be laying fiberglass mat every where on the box to help prevent flexing.
Posted

inside? or out? lotsa sanding :shiftyph34r:

Mainly on the inside but im also considering on the outside...

I want to try out "kitty hair" on the outside edges to see how good it really is...I've never used it before.

Posted

you dont have to sand the fibo on the inside do you?

just wonderin.

I didn't on my friend's enclosure and it doesn't sound bad at all...However you should leave fiberglass as smooth as possible.

Update...

I bought the remaining MDF I had to buy and a 1 1/2" Dowel to see how that works for bracing...You guys think I can use them for bracing?

Posted

i need that smilie that says this thread is useless without pics....

j/p man, but lets see some pics!

Lol I'm trying man trust me! I went to my friends house today with the new amps just to use his camera phone to get you guys some pics of the new amps... If this box was easier to move around I would have done the same.  :blush:
Posted

i hear ya. im trying to get ahold of a camera too!

Took a day off from school & work because I wasn't feeling too well so I'm hoping to finish up the box itself today (not including bracing & fiberglassing).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1056 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...