Sundown Audio

Petition To Do Away With Max Ratings.

lunari

all of Rf's Power line is bulit in AZ in house, they aint buying amps from no one hahaha (sorry)

for the most part I do agree with what your saying, waste of time.

that I know, but I just put it out for lamer terms.

Like I said you would of been a perfect example, but I didnt want to bring it up just in case. Your buying your hf2500.1s as a 3200wrms amp, and so far both you tested have exceeded that rating, but you are only marketing it, making it availble to the people as a 2500wrms amp, and selling it as more bang for your buck, because people will know or research that they will all do the 3200watts rms and then some extra.

CEA 2006 Compliant. FTW!!

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

I did it.... I don't think it's a waste of time.... the more people that do it.... the more it could really happen

Well I tell you what

This thread had over 200 hits already, and this is only the 13th reply.

And only 88 signitures, which is pretty sad since this is being posted on audiophile sites.

And if it does go thru and these companies that take advanatage of novice buyers, its not going to do nothing.

Instead of seeing your 1200 watt PEAK Sony Xplod 4 channel amp at wal-mart, you will see a 30 wrms by 4 amp on the shelf for the same price. These novice buyers are going to look at it and say wow thats a waste of money and not buy it, costing that audio company money.

Now thru the companies eyes if they do this, there going to let those novice customers see how bad their products really are and are going to see a decline in sales.

Decline in sales = decline in profits, and in this econemy what company in the right mind would want to lose more money and go under..

Its a petition, it could have 999 billion signitures more then needed, does that mean the companies have to do it? No because its not a ruler nor a law.

Did these crap audio brand companies go out and say "if you get this many signituares we will rate our products with rms and not peak"? No.

Its a waste of time, and even a bigger waste responding..

/end thread.

Does getting away from peak ratings solve anything?

Nope.

Companies will still boost numbers one way or another to make their product look better then others.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

the petition is a sweet thing to do and try to get stuff looked into but to say a noob in the game of the loud life should do research 1st b4 goin off buying stuff thats a reason we r here to help the noobs so taking MAX off of amps still wouldnt matter cuz the sales person knows when sum1 isnt sure about what tey need and want and still gonna tell them that this amp does this number max. and RMS is the continuous power it does at a certain voltage right? so if an amp says 1000 watts rms at 12v every1 knows thats what it was tested at and every1 knows how it goes give it more powa u get more out of it. u can take max ratings off but mostly noobs go off that number cuz they dont know what theyre looking for. my .02

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

the petition is a sweet thing to do and try to get stuff looked into but to say a noob in the game of the loud life should do research 1st b4 goin off buying stuff thats a reason we r here to help the noobs so taking MAX off of amps still wouldnt matter cuz the sales person knows when sum1 isnt sure about what tey need and want and still gonna tell them that this amp does this number max. and RMS is the continuous power it does at a certain voltage right? so if an amp says 1000 watts rms at 12v every1 knows thats what it was tested at and every1 knows how it goes give it more powa u get more out of it. u can take max ratings off but mostly noobs go off that number cuz they dont know what theyre looking for. my .02

Well I just wanna say, that I was a noob once too. And before I bought a shitty piece of equipment, I looked it up on MSN search since it was the 'big thing' back then and read the reviews.

I was a noob for a long time and never once bought junk. It's not the companies fault that kids buy sub-entry level equipment because they didn't look it up first. And I'm not knockin anybody who does. Chances are, if a noob buys that amp, they are going to be happy with it because they don't know any better. If it fits their budget and they're happy then great. To each his own.

But getting rid of max ratings is ridiculous. I could care less if they put 30,000W on the box for $39.99. I would probably laugh at first then look it up to see what it really does.

I hope everybody signs it though.. Just because when (or if) it gets submitted, the companies will chuckle at your misfortune and continue to make money.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

The problem I see is that the retailer usually does not spend the proper time with cutomers to explain how rating work with amplifiers and what they should be looking for. If retailers would do that to help people gain knowledge their sales would probably go up and people would stop buying crap 1000 watt amps for $99. Just my 2 cents

Founder-StreetSPL Competition Organization

www.streetspl.com

There is a marketing reason to the more rms rating, or saying the amp is underrate and actually does XXX watts more. Rockford is a major comapany to do this, but their are other major brands that do this.

The company gets a new amp design that they use, the amps build house builds these boards as whatever. Lets use a RF t40001bd. Almost every 40001bd is 4700-5000rms. Rockfords buildhouse could be building this amp as a 4700wrms amp and be selling it to Rockford as a 4700wrms amp. Then rockford does what they want with it and then sell it to you as a 4000wrms amp. You the buyer think your getting a better deal because its more power for less money.

i know that. underrating and all is a marketing ploy. again, it's "pointless" to have it just like max rating. it gives you a general number, but its still just a number.

If you've been doing something for 20 years, does that mean what you do it right???

Want:

2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

Comp Amp Undecided

AA Havoc

AQ 1200

knu wiring

set scew lugs for all connections

Alpine IDA-X303 2v preout :(--this goes under the seat.

Have:

Alpine tape deck w/ Benzi Box and 6 disc changer

Check out my Toyota build