Double baffle IS nessesary for spl and really so the box doesnt break apart. the baffle is the weakest part on any box and to tell the truth, it REALLY isnt that hard to make it a double. Very quick work once you have the first one done.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

well, if you want to make it look better, run a roundover all over that port, at least even it out a bit with the box. Might change your tuning a hair if you even care, or know what it is. As long as it hits, don't matter I guess.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

I say. if you decide you wanted to have the port at the bottom, flip the box upside down, and then double baffle top and bottom since you have to cover the first hole some how, then take a cutout and glue it, and fill in the crevice with resin or silcone. Then you'll have your port on bottom. =). Easy modification. But if it sounds good like that then w/e. But I say you need a double baffle also, your going to regret it if your subs break your box.

yuk.jpg

instead of doin a double baffle can i just do like steve did and cut out around the speakers and put it on top,cuz i planned on fiberglassing the inside for support to

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

instead of doin a double baffle can i just do like steve did and cut out around the speakers and put it on top,cuz i planned on fiberglassing the inside for support to

Yes you could but you haven't done it so do it! Your going to do alot of fiberglassing.

I think from what I read he's saying that he was just gonna cover up the port holes and baffle with some more wood. I'd just build a whole new box cuz that route is goin to affect airflow unless he resins and glasses the shit out of it.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

i was able to swap the port around cuz i never screwed that board in,i ran out of silicone and screws,and i dont get how your talkin bout not bein able to flip pieces if a box is built properly,i had the port at the top just so people can see the magnets until i got it finished,i kno there not straight cuts i gotta sand them even,im not the best cutter,and i plan on doing a double baffle im gonna make it like steves where the subs sit flush,and i plan on fiberglassing the inside

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

Archived