Too damn cold!

here in NY, its currently 12F with a windchill of -7. this blows, especially when im designing a glassed enclosure for my freind. i dont have a heated garage to work in like others. so im jus in need some advice on how to make the enclosure mad strong like ive done in the summer. ive heard of using some more hardener, but the curing time drops to like 6 min, and i get get the resin on fast enuf. the only thing i do have going for me is that i have 2 1000W workforce halogen lamps that seem to help.

Ok, this is ghetto, but the shit works....

Find some sheetrock and set it up like a lil clubhouse but leave the front open. Wrap a bunch of foil all around the inside walls of your new lil clubhouse and get a space heater to put facing inside said clubhouse. It will act as an oven and warm up your garage.

Guest MegaloManiac

i did the hotbatch thing once. it does cure faster but it gets incredibly hot. smoke started coming, i was scared it would ignite but thankfully it didnt.. it burnt the masking tape if    u didnt have foil

Im milwaukee right now it is -5 with a windchill of -17... ALL schools were closed today and will be tommarrow, except colleges. (lucky me) there is an advisory in effect about the dangerous temps. seriously, and im not playin, if you go outside and look into the wind even with a scarf on, your face feels stiff instantly.  :cold:

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Im milwaukee right now it is -5 with a windchill of -17... ALL schools were closed today and will be tommarrow, except colleges. (lucky me) there is an advisory in effect about the dangerous temps. seriously, and im not playin, if you go outside and look into the wind even with a scarf on, your face feels stiff instantly.  :cold:

that sucks balls.  especially for car audio

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

hell it was -17 here saturday with 40+ below windchill.  that aint so bad......................when lookin through the window in front of the fireplace.

not bad today 5 above 15 below windchill.

back on topic- get some styrofoam with the foil on it.  make a large enough box to fit whatever it is you are building in it, then put the space heater (milk house style) in it with a thermostat to  kick in at around 70-75 degrees.  works awesome.  same idea as pokey, just refined for better insulating.  also, i believe car audio mag had that same tech article a few months back.

damn i gotta go try this it seems awesome. lol since the begining of the summer ive been fiberglassing, and gettin better at it, but it never dawned on me that we have 4 seasons and how the hell am i gonna do this in the winter. no way in hell im doin this in my garage, prolly go rite through the door into my kitchen and fumes will engulf my house. i need the garage groundpounder2k2 has or meades, or i should jus move to sacramento