New Competiton Format

H.O Audio

I have sat in that truck before at one of the High Point shows and its loud. And that is why i am considering doing a couple 16 volt classes. Which of the two power classes would you more recommend 1-1500, 1501-up or 1-2000, 2001-up?

Founder-StreetSPL Competition Organization

www.streetspl.com

good point, but at the same time, you can still compete, he was only listing one of the classes when he said 1-250. there will probably be a class for you also. the thing is, it's fairer for some one w/ 2x type r's who wants to compete, in a class against some1 w/ a similar set-up and NOT against some1 else w/ a 16v system

oh yea i defiantely understand that

Team O.B.M

'97 Tahoe

Build after the new year!!!

Kenwood kdc-x794/16gig android tablet

6 sets of Crescendo ccx65s

2 18s

2 Sundown saz 4500s

2 Sundown sax 100.4

1 Mechman SMD spec 360a

4 XS d1400s

My Feed Back

http://www.stevemead...showtopic=44841

2lc49k5.jpgub

I can get the power rating book from a good friend of mine who is a USACI judge I will damn sure not allow no 50 watt 1000watt amp plus to count

Thank you! I have been hoping for a comp like this for quite some time now. Now, if it will only make its' way to the northeast area, that would be even better!

"I don't bullshit. I do what I say & say what I mean."

Final_TopKick_Soundstream-1.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2925230

http://www.armoredhaulin.com

only a 4 ohm rating. so that leaves almost everyone out that has a sundown amp or good subs.

I'm pretty sure it just means they only consider what your amp does at 4 ohms to choose your class. So if your running at 1 ohm, your better off. Correct me if I'm wrong.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

I like that idea DJ thanks for the info, and so it will be. Also yes we will go by the amps 4 ohm ratings and if you run a 1 ohm amp it is ok. Most people already run 1 ohm class D amps but the smaller classes will just help those out who do not have a bunch of power. I have already gotten interest from a few manufacturers about this and things are looking good. I only hope to be able to get some people throughout the country to want to become event promoters and start hosting shows in other states.

Founder-StreetSPL Competition Organization

www.streetspl.com

I'm here in NC and I'm down for this. Have you decided on the mic locations? May I suggest each head rest maybe? It's where the passengers are actually listening to the stereo at. Or instead of each head rest maybe on each of the front side windows. One mic on the driver's side window and one on the passenger side window. It would be better to meter where the listening goes on other than on the dash. Might as well allow venting of the vehicle as an option since most of us out there listen to out systems with a window or sunroof open. I like the idea of this. It will be music only, no burps right? Will we be able to select our own music or is it going to be provided for us?

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived