I picked up a new toy about a week ago a 14 gallon BioCube http://www.oceanicsystems.com/products/biocube.php .

Thing is tight, totally whisper quite and has everything but a hearter built in. Getting though the first cycle of the tank now with my Damselfish. Looking at filling the tank with LPS and SPS coral, a twin spot goby and a pistol shrimp. Its not nearly as hard or as expensive so far as everybody made it out to be, and its been pretty fun. Anybody else have a marine, coral, brackish, or fresh water tank? I will get some pic of my tank when I get home.

I looked at one of these a while back... it was like 400 or so for the set up, and I cant remeber if that was with or without the base cabinet.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

tank was $290

live rock $30

live sand $20

starter fish $15

salt $5

So I got about $360 in it now, with another $200 down the line in coral and fish... but it will take time before I can start adding anything else in the tank, and it has to be one at a time, so it wont be to bad.

i have the same tank, and just replaced the lights for the 2nd time not knowing until i was talking to someone(a couple different stores) about it, they told me they are known for having lighting/electrical problems, they just blew again im not replacing them, also i dont know about where you are but the filters have to be special ordered. keep them clean. also the pump isn't really strong. it worked fine for me for a long time. then within the lase few days its totally taken a chit on me. this reminds me i need to lock my thread about it lol. good luck hope you dint have the problems i and many others have had.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Thanks for the heads up man, I was really looking at getting a jbj but nobody in my town carries them. If you are looking at selling your tank let me know man. How much are filters?

Thanks for the heads up man, I was really looking at getting a jbj but nobody in my town carries them. If you are looking at selling your tank let me know man. How much are filters?

the filters were 22 each i had to replace them every month and that was stretching it they are cheaply made, i doubt it would make it through shipping, i cant sell it, id feel bad knowing its a pos.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

I love salt water tanks, they can be expensive if you have nice fish and suddenly they all die hahaha

we had a 100 gallon fresh water for yrs, I miss it now.

very peaceful and tranquil watching them in the dark with just the tank lights on, smokin a fatty

feeding time is fun too if u have chiclids or other live fishing eating monsters hahahah

I always had tanks when i was a kid, always fresh water. I had an oscar for years, got to big for the tank I had gave him to my bio teacher and she had him killed over the first weekend see had him lol he was really fun to watch tearing though feeder fish lol. But I wanted to try something new and coral looks tight so i am hoping I am not wasting my money. The pistol shimps are badass and I am hoping with the goby it should make for good viewing.

i love fish tanks!!

we only have a 55 gallon and a 29 gallon tho, just regular not salt water...im not home enough tho take care of a salt water and the fish are so damn expensive...i would love to find a 100 gallon or 200 gallon or something :) i could have lots of fun with those

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Archived