Sundown Audio

Which Amp Is The Best Bang For The Buck?

chubalicious

I like my Rockford amps.. they aren't pricey at all if you know how to look for good deals and are willing to wait.

I have a t10001bd benched 1628wrms and a t8004 that benched 1296wrms

:blink: mine only did low 1400's

but my t5002 does a little over 3x rated power :wacko:

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

i would love to see these tests... if you can pull them up...

and no i cant test them because i dont have the equipment to.. but ALOT of people use these amps and dont have any problems with them

You would need to talk to kbruedi, ss-audio, or Team Db Linc Pres here on the forum for those results. They are the ones who did it and I was told by kbruedi about thier results.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Audioque amps are a good amp for a low price.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

just because noone else said it explicitly, power acoustik is a bad idea

you do basically get what you pay for, rockford may be pricy as hell, but will do well over what its rated for, reliably and cleanly.

do your homework, and dont trust the "store" reviews (like crutchfield/sonicelectonix/bestbuy/etc, they all have customer reviews under the product), they are usually written by people with their first system where everything is amazing, use forums where you can atleast verify the person knows something about stereos.

my .02, the gp3k has a lot of supporters, as does the aq2200, the aq i've atleast installed and played with, and it def has soome balls behind it, but dont doubt its power consumption, all of these amps can kill stock electrical...hell my 1500watt could draw enough to make my car shut off. stock 80amp alt and 13 year old batt ftl.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

johncarr runs 8 audiopipe ap30001ds in a low tuned box and did a 158 on a bassrace... with 8 15 non SPL subs.. from his post.. you just need ALOT of power to make them run very good

his post on the audiopipe amp..

I would like to see my van do a 159.9 Bassrace this year! Since Mike with Team Crossfire moved here to DFW in Texas where I'm at, I will have someone to play Bassrace against. Mike already got his new batteries before the USACI World Finals. He did a low 159db all sealed up on SB5 on his third run but his first two runs tied me with 158.9db :hairtrick: I'm sure he will be able to get it up past 160db in while testing for a perfect 159.9 Bassrace run.

I was running 8 I-Pipe 15's with 8 3000d's (Audiopipe). The subs were hammered on for the whole month before finals because I had ordered my Audiopipe Spl subs for finals but as poop happens they didn't arrive in time for USACI WF. I smoked half my subs in the last 2~3 seconds of my SB5. Still a 158.9db run with subs only having 150 oz magnets.

There is a big difference between metering db's with a groundpounder box vs a burp box for playing music.

I could burp a 162 with my burp box tuned high with only 3 2000d's (Audiopipe) and 6 15's SPL Subs vs my groundpounder box tuned low with 8 3000d's and 8 15's (not SPL subs) I can barely hit 161db if the wind is blowing right. :hairtrick:

If DB Drag is around DFW, then me and Mike are going to be having a blast with Bassrace, but also Streetbeat 5 and maybe even some Texas Bass Wars.

Old Mike is one cool Mofo in my book!!

Edited by Army_guy614

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones