Nightshade's Focus ZX3 build

He said his score actually went down from the 12's, i went n herd his new setup today, sounds ALOT louder than the 12's but apparently the meter didnt think so

Not completely the truth. I went back up after you left and I got a chance to play around on the meter. Here's the scenerio. I first did a best score of 149.7 at 52hz with the Nighshade 12's in my car. I then began to lose db's and ended up at a low score of a 148.1 with the 12's. I wasn't able to find out what the problem in the car was before I started the 15 build. I did a burp today and ended up with a 148.6 at 48hz and that is .5 up from my scores with the 12's right before I switched to the 15's. I played around on the TL a little bit and with the help of Steve and Chuck from Team High Excursion we found the right frequency in the car. The frequency was not 48hz but 42hz and the car did a 149.7 on the dash at 42hz. I still have to nail down the problem of why my score had dropped off origionally but overall as of now I'm up 1.6 db's from the last time I had the 12's metered in my car.

So in conclusion I did a 149.7 at 42hz with an ongoing problem that I haven't found yet costing me 1.6 db's. So if I find out what's causing the problem I should easily see a 151.3 in my car how it sits now.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

goodluck so far

im interested as to why the peak dropped so much

u think the taller box makes the subs "think" the box is tuned lower and its using the hatch as an extension of the ports?

very loud tho, id be happy with the results thus far, without knowing ur imp rise and mysterious drop in scores from the last time being metered

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Sounds like you need to play with box tuning. I think there's more in it.

There's definately more in it. I really just need to find out where my origional 1.6 db's that I lost with the 12's went first before I start playing with the tuning any. I do really like the way that it sounds being tuned to 38, and the peak of 42 is awesome for me to bassrace at. There are so many songs in that range that I can use and be good with. I forgot to say that I set a new world record in my class today. It was in the car 1801-3600 class with a 149.4 on Fred's meter with a backup score of a 149.3 The 149.7 was the number I did in testing with Steve and Chuck both holding on the windows and during the burp only Chuck held the window but not Steve. I need some of my teamates there to help me brace the windows and make my score jump up more. I hope I figure out the missing db's here very soon.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

still great numbers...wanted to come but just to nasty out there today. not going to drives 3 hrs one-way to hang out in the cold and rain

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

still great numbers...wanted to come but just to nasty out there today. not going to drives 3 hrs one-way to hang out in the cold and rain

That's exactly what I was thinking. Competition Only is coming up to Bragg Pawn in Fayetteville, NC on March 21st and then Newton Grove, NC on May 16th. Hopefully we'll see ya'll NC guys there. You'll have all the bracing crew you need Zach.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

That's exactly what I was thinking. Competition Only is coming up to Bragg Pawn in Fayetteville, NC on March 21st and then Newton Grove, NC on May 16th. Hopefully we'll see ya'll NC guys there. You'll have all the bracing crew you need Zach.

got to get my subs reconed but i'm hopeing to be there

1993 Mazda Mx-3

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

Zach what was your clamped power results?

1993 Mazda Mx-3

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

Archived