Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

just to kind of update the status of this, pretty sure all the major coding i wanted to do is FINALLY finished :) going to double check the way it prints, and then going to fix it so if you do wedge shaped boxes that the numbers don't have to go in certain boxes (such as how depth 2 must be higher than depth 1). i have the layout ready to code it, just gotta put the coding in the right parts. last minute thing i figured i'd change. it's 5 AM here now, so i'm going to bed

Any hope for an iOS/android version anytime soon? Use the iPad and Xoom way more than the net book anymore

2001 Bravada (2wd) Pewter on 24's

JVC KW-AV60BT

10 Alpine Type-S 6.5s

2 PSI/BTL 18's @ 32Hz

2 Rockford Fosgate T25001-bd's @ 1-ohm each

Rockford Fosgate T1000-4

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford 3Sixty.2

Yellow top up front, 2 9a31s in the back

LOTS of AT 1/0

Python 991

350 Amp Singer Alt

"Build Log"

My Facebook

My YouTube

i didnt see the video or read anything but...cool story

and the reason your being a cock tonight is?

Torres, got a question for you re: aero ports

First, lovin' the calculator, it's what I used to design my current box and the results are wonderful. For that box I just did a slot port, but now I wanna do another box this time with aero ports. So I plugged in the numbers and this is what I have so far:

question.jpg

So my question is this, if my port length is 21" (7" each), why does it show my physical port length being 20.25? Shouldn't it be 18.75?

Also, when I add any length to the "length of external port" field, not only does it effect tuning, it also increases net volume the higher the value. Why is that?

Lastly, anytime the port dimensions "length" is larger than the depth of the box, "port bends" is yes instead of no. Does that any effect on internal volume or displacement calculations?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Thanks in advance for reading my post, so I can't come up with the same port displacement as your application calculates:

5cf1h3.png

The port airspace displacement should be 14 x 3.5 x 32 = 1568 cubic inches.

The port wood displacement from 2 panels should be:

15 1/4 x 14 x 3/4 = 160.125 cubic inches.

11 3/4 x 14 x 3/4 = 123.375 cubic inches.

Adding all 3 you get = 1851.5 cubic inches or 1.07146 cubic feet. instead of 1.2 cubic feet.

I do come up with the same physical port length as your program states which has made things harder to figure out.

Hope you could comment on what is the difference between the two. Thanks again.

i'm wondering if you downloaded that specific calculator before i spotted (or was pointed out to me) a flaw in the coding. i put in the same measurements and i'm getting a port volume of 1.04, which is 3/100 off of your results. i'll double check the coding next time i have time to work on it and see if i can find any flaws

i just downloaded a fresh version of the calculator off your skydrive, last update was 7/14/2011.

put those numbers in and i get 1.2 cu ft for port volume as well

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

wtf?? maybe i fixed it but haven't been able to upload it due to the current updates i'm working on since the one i tested on isn't uploaded yet. i was supposed to go to another christmas dinner tonight, but haven't heard back yet. so maybe i'll get crackin on it right now

Archived