Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

Correct me if i'm wrong but have i found a flaw in Torres.

I was designing a box and noticed that Torres said the physical port length is 17.25" and bends.

But when i draw it up in Google Skecthup the physical port length is longer than what Torres says it should be.

It seems like once the box gets over a certain size it no longer calculates correctly.

Am i doing something wrong?

See screen shots below to see what i'm asking about.

Flaw_zpsec2eaeaf.png

Flaw_zps167ccde7.jpg

Maybe the file in the link got corrupted somehow or it changed for some reason.

Here's the file i downloaded a few months back and mine seems to work,i will provide a different link.

http://speedy.sh/tqRFD/TorresBTC.zip

Try this one and see if it works,if it doesn't then i'm not sure what could be wrong.

Also i noticed you changed the baffle thickness to 1.5 inches,if you want that baffle thickness i suggest you leave the number at the default 0.75 inches and then right above that put in the number 1 for "# of Extra Baffles"

Thank you, but the file is the same it seems, Installed and I have the same error.

Playing around with the baffle does nothing. As soons as I input the three outer dimensions I get 2 cub feet and that is not correct.

Erase the "desired gross volume" and the "desired net volume" fields on the first computer, that's why you are not getting a net volume on that one.

On the second one, yes in some computers that happens BUT if you run the same program on the same PC but within an emulator it will work correctly (used W7) so is a software platform issue, maybe update .the net framework and download updates / service packs.

The first picture or as you say PC is the correct measure, the PC that gets no errors.

I just updated the NET framework, reinstalled and I am still getting the error.

I'll try an emulator.

I have the same issue as you.

• 2 weeks later...

If i enter 1.5" as the wood thickness do i need to bother entering any numbers in the baffle thickness or extra baffles?

In my case, I want to build the exterior of the box out of doubled up 3/4" if i want the baffle the same thickness (1.5") do i leave it blank or enter 0.75 with 1 extra baffle?

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

If you want 1.5" all around, just select that as wood thickness, everything else is left alone, no extra baffles, etc.

Excellent! i was doing it wrong then, glad i asked and thank you for the quick reply Joe X

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

Quick question. When entering dimensions 27 *48 *19 with sub upward and a double baffle the cut sheet shows front/back and side dimensions being 25.5" in height. should this not be 24.75 to get the end result of 27"? Just want to be sure it doesnt change net volume making the correction

this all just depends on how you cut the sides. for these purposes, the baffle is built up on the inside of the box. you're fine to change those dimensions.

and thanks joe for answering a lot of the questions. i haven't been on here as much lately but hope to be on more from now on

Archived