Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

Hey guys I was wanting to use this tool (Tunning Calc) and the download link seems to be broke, any chance I can get someone to update the link?

Thanks in advance!

UBL (Uninterrupted Build Log) - CLICK HERE

-----------------------------------------------------

# Deck: KDC-BT555U #

# Amp - Mids/High: PPI MOS-50 #

# Amp - Subs: Hifonics 1100.1D #

# Wire: 4awg 120Amp Fuse #

# F - Mid/High: RE Audio RE6.5C #

# R - Mid/High: RE Audio RE5x7FR #

# Subs: 2x12" Kicker CVR #

-----------------------------------------------------

• 4 weeks later...

If you let the count down finish it will redirect you to the correct one and give you the link. At least it did for me, when I just now tried it.

Was something like a 5 second countdown.

Torres, any future plans for this aweosme program?

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

there's a couple discrepancies that i'd like to look into. other than that i think i want to change the layout a bit to a more horizontal layout (will still probably have both layouts available). bad news is about a month ago i finished my new PC, turned it on and my graphics card popped, caught a tiny flame and busted it basically. THANKFULLY it was covered under warranty and after a month of waiting for repair it should be at my door any moment now. then i can get another version of visual basic and get back at it.

other than that i don't really know what else to add to it

If this was answered already, I apologize. I didn't read through all 27 pages

I noticed a discrepancy between the newest release and the older non-install program. It seems like the newer version shows a larger net volume with lower tuning despite all the input fields being the same.

So which one is right?

Here's just a quick sample box. It seems that the discrepancy is the port volume.

For my plans: the same box using the older and newer programs has a ~1.5cuft difference, which is more than I feel comfortable ignoring

Screen shot of the newest

Torres_New_zps14d27beb.png

And of the oldest

Torres_Old_zpsb51188fe.png

Did you ever get an answer?

I don't put images in my signature to let people know I mean business.

I noticed a discrepancy between the newest release and the older non-install program. It seems like the newer version shows a larger net volume with lower tuning despite all the input fields being the same.

So which one is right?

Here's just a quick sample box. It seems that the discrepancy is the port volume.

For my plans: the same box using the older and newer programs has a ~1.5cuft difference, which is more than I feel comfortable ignoring

And of the oldest

Nope :(

If I calculate the port displacement by hand(just simple LxWxD) I come up with 1.61cuft which is different than both calculators

So which one is right?

And of the

oldest

Nope :(

If I calculate the port displacement by hand(just simple LxWxD) I come up with 1.61cuft which is different than both calculators

Yeah, same here, I have the old and new one and ran into the same problem for my design, and when I calculated by hand I got a different answer too. But it was closer to the new program's port volume.

I don't put images in my signature to let people know I mean business.

snow, using sketchup and your specs, i get 2.38cuft of port displacement and a net volume of 7.67cuft. (not counting subs and bracing)

I also noticed that with your box depth, you shouldn't need any port bends. If you run the walls back to 3.5" from the back, then the width of the port to center gives the length you need to get to 30" exactly. Of course if it works like that in practice is another thing.

edit:

changed the net volume, forgot the Triple baffle.

Archived