Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

so far...just gotta fix the way it prints so if it prints in metric it wont print in feet/inches. then a couple things with the background. so it's FINALLY getting close. 2 of the biggest issues i finally tackled. then i lost the software i use to develop it lol. finally got it all back to working order last night

first off i want to thank you for designing such a kick ass and easy to use program.

I'm not sure if this has already been asked or not, and this will probably be a stupid suggestion. but i was wondering if there will be a "flush mount" option in future updates?

i realize that you can compensate for the flush mount (if you're doing 2 baffles) by decreasing the depth by 3/4" and adding an external port 3/4". but it would be a lot easier to have a button that calculates this for you.

i also realize that adding such a button could be a next to impossible task to program, but i thought i'd ask in case it could be a possibility.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

thanks for the kind words :)

that's a good suggestion and all, but...it's already incorporated :D when you put in the dimensions for a box, everything that you alter (besides the outer dimensions of course) worth within those numbers. so if you put a second baffle in, it does not increase the dimensions, rather, the baffle gets put inside the box. if you notice, it shrinks your net volume a tad when adding baffles. the port length also automatically compensates for the extra baffles if they're on the same face, so no need altering the port length.

i do it this way so the user can see all possibilities he/she has within the dimensions they have available. just put in numbers, put in port and any extras, then you get your output. if they wanted to add baffles onto the existing dimensions, then nothing would need to be changed, as the baffle would be outside of the box and would not effect volume/tuning. i try my best to do all the hard thinking for you lol

What do I do if it doesn't print? i can print anything else on my computer but when I hit Print in Torres it does nothing.Any suggestions?

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

i'm 99% sure you're running 64 bit windows. when i tried to fix the issue like it was supposed to, it still wouldn't print. i then upgraded the software i use to premium, and it now works on all windows types. so...it'll be fixed in the next update. sorry for the inconvenience.

to update the status on this...all major bugs are fixed, conversions are finished, and i just gotta finish working in the custom backgrounds. and double check to make sure it prints the right things when inches, mm, or cm are selected. gonna be delayed a few days cuz my PC is out of commission at the moment. gotta wait on an analog cable so i can finish installing windows. upgraded from 32 to 64 bit, but i need my monitor to go to my motherboard, not my 3D card. so it's just stuck in limbo right now tho lol. i really hope to get it buttoned up and finished here soon. then i can work on the mobile versions

i'm 99% sure you're running 64 bit windows. when i tried to fix the issue like it was supposed to, it still wouldn't print. i then upgraded the software i use to premium, and it now works on all windows types. so...it'll be fixed in the next update. sorry for the inconvenience.

to update the status on this...all major bugs are fixed, conversions are finished, and i just gotta finish working in the custom backgrounds. and double check to make sure it prints the right things when inches, mm, or cm are selected. gonna be delayed a few days cuz my PC is out of commission at the moment. gotta wait on an analog cable so i can finish installing windows. upgraded from 32 to 64 bit, but i need my monitor to go to my motherboard, not my 3D card. so it's just stuck in limbo right now tho lol. i really hope to get it buttoned up and finished here soon. then i can work on the mobile versions

You are absolutely right about my operating system. Thanks for making a good program that anybody can use.I will be looking forward to the upgrade

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Archived