Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

hmmm....since i'm going to be doing a couple tiny updates to this....anyone think it'd be helpful/worth the time to make it multilingual? just change the names of the title boxes to spanish, german, italian, etc from a list that's selected. if not i won't really bother. *could* be more work than i am originally thinking

hmmm....since i'm going to be doing a couple tiny updates to this....anyone think it'd be helpful/worth the time to make it multilingual? just change the names of the title boxes to spanish, german, italian, etc from a list that's selected. if not i won't really bother. *could* be more work than i am originally thinking

Just curious...are these under the hood updates?

under the hood updates? You mean updates no one realizes is happening? It wont matter because if he does it it will be a completely different version of the software. Not like you're getting updates pushed down to your torres box calculator every time he updates it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Say what you want, but how do I enter into the calulator that I have 4 12s. Woofer displacement is about .09

The calculator doesnt care how many subs you have, you just have to know how much air space each sub needs and adjust the dimension accordingly, then adjust the port area and tuning, then readjust dimension to keep your air space for your subs, then readjust port area, and so on.If you are just doing sealed then figure up how much area you need.

edit

Also 4 subs at .09 = .36 for sub displacement. but you will probably need to add bracing to that big of a box, so you will have to math that on your own.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!

My build

http://www.stevemead...20#entry2018495

Car: 2003 Cadillac DTS

(1) Hifonics Brutus BRZ2400.1

(1)Hifonics Zrx600.4

(1) 1000 watt crunch amp

(1)200 watt boss amp

(2) Pyramid TW46

(4) Infinity Kappa 60.9cs

(1) EV 10 inch

(2) XSpower 1200

(4) Pyramid TW18

box tuned at 32 Hz

(2) DC level 3

Say what you want, but how do I enter into the calulator that I have 4 12s. Woofer displacement is about .09

The calculator doesnt care how many subs you have, you just have to know how much air space each sub needs and adjust the dimension accordingly, then adjust the port area and tuning, then readjust dimension to keep your air space for your subs, then readjust port area, and so on.If you are just doing sealed then figure up how much area you need.

edit

Also 4 subs at .09 = .36 for sub displacement. but you will probably need to add bracing to that big of a box, so you will have to math that on your own.

So, by what I see in the specs sheet for one my subs, I should have 1.25 cubic ft of space. Meaning i would need 5 cubic ft in total? This is my first time building a box lol

under the hood updates? You mean updates no one realizes is happening? It wont matter because if he does it it will be a completely different version of the software. Not like you're getting updates pushed down to your torres box calculator every time he updates it.

yeah, i looked into that and tried the coding out for that. got MOST of it incorporated correctly (at least i think i did lol) but the part where you put certain web links in the coding and certain computer pathways in other spots of the coding and referring to certain files for the updates got too confusing to me. sucks because that'd be a very helpful addition. maybe sometime down the line i can get some help on that part

and yes, that means you would want 5 cubic feet

• 3 weeks later...

I cant quite figure out the physical port length, when you measure the inside wall of the port, do you include the baffle thickness in that measure, so lets say it says you have a 25" physical port length, does the .75 baffle thickness count as part of that, and then I am going to put a .75 inch piece of mdf on the outside of the baffle, but recess the subs so they are only one baffle thick, so I put .75 for external port since it will effect the port length by that much, and that goes with my earlier question of measuring physical port length, cause when I put an external port, it doesnt change the physical port length.

from what I can tell with how the program runs, you dont include the baffle in the calculation, but you would include the external port length, so if the port was 25", it would be .75 for external + all the internal port length, not including the baffle, so 24.25 internal wall length, cause when you add another baffle it subtracts from the physical port length, but adding external port doesn't effect the physcial port length, just wanna make sure, working on a box, thanks for this awesome application btw :D

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

i think you're way over thinking it lol. instead of trying to answer each point in your post, i think it'll be easier for me to explain how it's calculated instead.

port length DOES use the baffle as part of the port length. so if you have a single baffle and a 10" port length, notice that the physical port length will read 9.25". that is because the .75" of the baffle makes up for the rest of it. now add in multiple baffles and you'll notice the physical port length shrinks. this also does the same thing for thicker walls of the box as well. i like to build my boxes with the port inside, then router them out with a flush bit so it gives you a nice even opening....so i designed the calculator to do the calculations as such.

now external port length works like this: if you have a 10" port, and put in 5" of the port in the external port box, your port is NOT 15". it is still a 10" port, but with 5" of it externally. keep in mind this will slightly alter net volume and tuning. now to make it work properly...in the example above you'd just need 5" of port on the outside of the box and 4.25" on the inside of the box. the baffle will make up for the other .75" to make your port 10"

in your example, you said you want to add another baffle to flush the speakers. so with this you'll just need to put a 1 in the '# of extra baffles' box and this will use 1.5" for part of the port length instead of .75". just make sure your overall box dimensions are adjusted accordingly since extra baffles are worked within the dimensions entered, meaning any extra baffles will go 'inside' the box as far as calculations go

i hope that didn't turn into ramble :P

Archived