DC Sound Lab

How To Fix? Or Is There?

once he gets new sub/recones old one have him sand out the sub hole so its not such a tight fit

sand or router with a round over bit should work fine

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i didnt do that, as stated multiple times

persuasion+rubber mallet=this problem its one of those things where you say shit, shouldnt have done that i guess. Ive put a 18 volt dewalt screw gun thru the surround of a lvl 4 before, i was mad but you get over it

i didnt mean you directyly i was wondering how does this happen or why.

My New Build checklist:

(3) 18'' btl fully loaded d2

from the video's he has sent it dosnt flex bad, but its not 3/4 inch mdf as many pre fab boxes are not...and as there is enough room it is kind of a tight fit from the mag to the back of the box, hence the slapping noise he gets, thats why the weather stripping would be added. The cutout was also a lil small too so thats where the mallet came into play, he is sanding it out a bit so there is no more issues next time

same problem for me .... i didnt use a rubber mallet though :( however, i was hitting harder than i thought i was ....

Edited by dwright27

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

OUCH

lol rusty, im gettin you more business :) you should be gettin lots of emails, i drop your name tons!!!

he already started sanding it tonight i believe and he is using the old one as a refference, he said it sounded really good besides the vibration before..a good 420 watts on it :) i cant wait to hear it in person. Rusty while your here, we may be meeting up in reno, if so i told him we could meet up with you and pick up the sub then so he saves some money on shipping

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

i feel your pain on the putting a hole in the surround with the drill. i was taking my subs out and put a hole in my surround with an 18 volt xrp dewalt drill. that bish is pretty heavy and whatnot. so yeahh.

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

ya no probman just let me know

figured you would say that :) im hoping to have my money to hook up with chris while im over there, its not looking good though i got an iou from good ol uncle sam

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

<<Sub smasher...

Thanx for all of your input guys and to you Logan trying to find out.......

Hey Rusty...it was a great piece of equipment before I killed it....looking forward to getting a new one in there. I'll meet up with Logan in Reno in a couple of weeks and pick it up from ya.

hey bro.. if u are gonna get rid of the one you smashed, i might buy it off you, It'd give me practing doing a recone and a great sub for a small enclosure i need for a cavalier.

If you keep it thats cool, but if not let me know, i'll be interested

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.