Mustang Build Log- NEW VIDEO

I am in the motor, turbo, and all periferalls less than $1,500.

A decent 514ci rotating assymbly would cost more than that. Hell, a decent set of big block ford heads is $2,500 by themselves.

Plus, I still have way more room in the engine compartment than with a big block, even after all the turbo plumbing. Have you ever tried fitting a good set of 2 1/8" primary headers on a 460 in a foxbody? It's not fun.

X 2 .... on that.

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

ARgghh!!!

I went to fire it up last night and had NO SPARK. Just got off the phone with Mallory ignitions tech dept, and their troubleshooting procedure indicates that the box is defective, and it's brand new!!!

not happy right now...

how are you only in $1500?? those turbos go for around $1000 used

Borg Warner S475's regularly sell online for $595+ shipping brand new. I got hooked up on the polished compressor housing and cover for free becasue I know the guy.

Intercooler, piping and blow-off valve were $300 off ebay

Wastegate was $350, but I easily could have used a chinese version for $150.

Misc. Bends, oil feed/return flanges, turbine inlet flange and down pipe flange were about $150.

I've spent a little extra money on "bling" v-band flanges and other stuff that I really don't have tp have for the kit to work- I just like fabricating everything as Gucci as possible. If you used basic flanges, and all off-shore components, you could easily duplicate my setup for less than $1500. The junkyard motor, brand new distributor, used carb intake, and carburetor all cost me about $500.

Archived