Second Skin Audio

Poly Fill Or Sounddampining Or Nothing In Ported Boxes.

What do you use in your ported enclosures?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Materials for ported enclosures.

• No material at all.Fully empty.
    • Pollyfill
    • Materials that adheire to the walls only

LOL thanks.

Like it says I'm just curious about how others feel, but alot of people have looked at it and there has not been many responses.

That's cause they probably don't know the difference like I was saying.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

That's cause they probably don't know the difference like I was saying.

Yep its a shame, so I'm going to eat my oatmeal pie and go to bed.

See ya.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what if you make a sealed box to spec, still use pollyfill or no?

Edited by Hostility

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

as the results of the poll show, dont use polyfill. ive used it before and i hate it.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

A while back , I saw that kicker was selling "loaded" enclosures, a solo baric and a round aero style port coming out one side, and they had them stuffed tight with polyfill..... sounded pretty nice in the shop... I think it was a 10 inch, on either a 300 or 600 watt kicker amp. That was over a year ago, so I dont remember the details, but it was a ported box with polyfill ..... I used polyfill in my wifes versa she had with a sealed enclosure. She wanted that tight sealed sound , well she thought she did. Then she got the rogue, and I put a PWK enclosure in it..... that PWK sounds 100 times better than a sealed prefab did.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

i put polyfil in my current fi Q 18 box, because i thought it made the sub act as if it where in a bigger box. ive been very happy with its output, as are evryone who hears it around my town. but now im staring to wonder if my logic is flawed.lol. i will take this into consideration whan planning my new build. Hmmmmmm.....

Edited by justin smith

justin smith

1996 mercury grand marquis

20'' bentchi b7 lexani n3000 245/35/20

cactus 5kw at 1ohm dcr(beast)

2 18'' btl's in a 14.15^ft wall tuned to 35hz with 210'' of port

kicker zx650.4

componets in still the works

200amp motorcraft alt

xs power d3100 (beast)

kenwood ddx512 h.u.

you mean my EX? the one I dumped? just remember every time you kiss her that i used to cum in her mouth

and BTW your girl just called me....

pure pwnage

some manufacturers are using it now, kicker obviously, but every now and then i see someone elses box with some stuffing

essentially it slows the speed of sound, making the sub act like it was in a bigger box, since the energy takes a longer time to flow through.

in a small sealed box this can flatten the curve, and make it seem like a bigger box

in ported, like it was said before, it flattens the response...bu lowering peaks and essentially dropping tuning (the same way a bigger box with the same port would)

my last enclosure I built and loaded and tried it out for a few weeks, On a whim I stuffed it with some polyfill and it did make a very noticable difference, it sounded much smoother, and went lower, and peaked lower from what i could tell.

but it was noticably quieter...like a few db, it was significant, slower air=less air moved=less sound

if you want sq its worth ATLEAST TRYING for the 3 dollars you'd spend on polyfill, for spl its pretty useless

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

to me the idea of a ported box is to get the waves off of the subs and out the port at around the same time.

stuffing only slows down those waves. the only thing i use it on is small sealed boxes.