Knukonceptz Vs Tsunami Power Cable

Knukonceptz VS Tsunami  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which power cable would you choose

• KnuKonceptz Kolossus flks
    • Tsunami Competition series

I would go for KNu because the price is good. All other 1/0 gauge cable are expensive by the foot and can cost over $8.00 and more. Depend on wires types.

I would go for KNu because the price is good. All other 1/0 gauge cable are expensive by the foot and can cost over $8.00 and more. Depend on wires types.

Wrong....I get my Hyperflex for $2.88 a foot.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

heya

wat are the rough prices per ft you guys have to pay for your 0 gauge cable

thanks!

cheers!

Shok Industries

Feel the POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Competition SQ Car install by Dimension Audio Singapore

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=65190

i used the knu, and personally have monster cable in my car, and kicker hyperflex

monster is by far the biggest, i had to actually open up my ring terminals and then close them back around the cable to get it to fit, knu was right behind, but an assload more flexible, the monster stuff is a pita to work with.

my monster was like 4 and change per foot.

strand count is basically flexibility, it's diameter that gives it the current carrying ability. dont get too caught up in how many strands are there.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

i used the knu, and personally have monster cable in my car, and kicker hyperflex

monster is by far the biggest, i had to actually open up my ring terminals and then close them back around the cable to get it to fit, knu was right behind, but an assload more flexible, the monster stuff is a pita to work with.

my monster was like 4 and change per foot.

strand count is basically flexibility, it's diameter that gives it the current carrying ability. dont get too caught up in how many strands are there.

its all about strand count bro. electricity travels on the outside of wire not through it. so yes the more strand count the better. less resistance.

My New Build checklist:

(3) 18'' btl fully loaded d2

I just need help figuring out if I should grab the Knu off ebay or spend the stupid $60+ for the damn Kicker kit.

I'm cheap with this stuff, so I hope to get someone's used rockford set (especially since I don't need RCA or remote wire).

I hate paying for a bunch of stuff you don't need, but separate the fuse & 4 awg alone can cost as much as a kit. Good to know Knu is a trustworthy brand. There are some sketchy kits on ebay man, wow.

I'm about ready to buy 17' of bicycle lock and use that.

images-1.jpg

its all about strand count bro. electricity travels on the outside of wire not through it. so yes the more strand count the better. less resistance.

think about that a few times, then repeat it out loud, "electricity travels on the outside of wire not through it"... fuck i had an awesome idea, lets tell obama this new discovery and start using 23 strand cound remote wire in houses instead of 12g solid core (i mean fuck think about it one wire vs 23) that would save billions, recession over, problem solved, check mate

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

No.

There is something called a "skin effect" which can be a factor on AC power systems at high frequencies but we're obviously in the 12v DC space, and as such power calculations should be made based on cross sectional area with the outside surface area bearing NO EFFECT on resistance or power carrying capability.

Strand count, as well as jacket material can be a good indication of how FLEXIBLE the wire will be, but because of varying strand sizes used by different manufactures, not a good indication of how large the wire will be.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Archived