Second Skin Audio

Subs Not Sounding As Loud

i just installed my new stereo and i was cruzing and bumping and i put sum jeeezy and all of a sudden the subs wernt as loud as they were they got more quieter then before. and now for sum reason my subs dotn sound as loud as they should?would say if the back of the rcas not in tight be the problem?i have pioneer deh-p7800mp

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

anybody know?

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

rcas could be the problem yes. so could 100 other things

like what else casue this has been getting me mad all day,cause i have the pre harness ones and i dont think i pressed it in that hard would that be one of the problems?

push it in better and see if that fixes it, also if you use spade connectors to connect the speaker wires to your subs one of the voice coils may have come undone, i kept having this problem with mine till i soldered them... i dunno what gear you have so thats all i got for now...

Edited by bobo333

vandersexx-1.jpgdeafaz-1.jpg

^^^ clicky pics for build logs ^^^

Australia-03-june.gif

do you have front/rear/sub output from your head unit? *i dont know if yours does or not* but i know my subwoofer output went out on mine and i had to use my rears for it to bang again.. till i can replace my headunit

*edit* mine didnt fully go out, it still pushed a little tiny amount of bass thru it but it was really quiet.. try switching your RCAs to your rear output tho

Edited by Army_guy614

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Take the subs out of the box and check each coil to make sure that they are still good. Also check the tinsel leads on the subs to make sure that they didn't break or burn. I've seen that happen before where the subs will get quieter because one of the leads broke on the woofer leaving only one sub playing. You don't actually have to take the subs out if you just use a dmm and check the impedence at the amp and if it's wrong then take out the subs and see if there's a problem. I just usually go right to taking them out cause I don't mind doing the work.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

okay so now when i take off the remote bass gain off the subs make like a weird noise and it's like as if the gain is up loud but it's not.and then when i take off the rcas off the back the weird noise is gone??and how would you ground the pre out harness of a pioneer?

did you try switching your rcas from subwoofer to rears on your head unit like i suggested?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones