Sundown Audio

.67777 Ohms

Alright so I have three DVC 4 ohm subs hooked up to a sundown 3000d.

Its three kicker l7 15" in a 18 cu ft box tuned to 33hz. It was hitting DAMN hard yesterday and I went to feel the Raptor Zero guage wire I used and it was kinda hot, so we gave it a rest and powered it up again late night, came back to look and the fuse fused to the fuse holder, and the positive wire was 5 minutes away from melting into the negative run ( I did one run neg/pos each batt to batt to batt) .

Sooo... what I think I should do is:

Sundown suggests a 300 amp external fuse(no internal fuses provided), so maybe upgrade to a 350?

Also, do another run of zero guage? and just hook it up to the front side posts on my optimas seeing that I have a stinger 0/0 2 port terminal thats already occupied.

I'm just checking my thinking, if anyone has any suggestions let me know. Thanks.

Upgrading to another fuse isn't gonna fix that problem. If you upgrade the fuse all that can do is make it worse, because then if something else goes wrong, fuse doesn't blow because it's rated over what it should be.

Edited by camino_1to3

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

how do you have the d4s wired down to .67? im just curious, i know 3 d1s you can..

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

how do you have the d4s wired down to .67? im just curious, i know 3 d1s you can..

Yeah that is true, are you sure it isn't 2.67?

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

it might be pulling 300 amps, and your wire might be only able to handle 250, is it a true 300 amp capacity 0 gauge wire?

you need more runs of positive or upgrade your one run of 0 to a better quality wire with a higher count of pure strands

-Drew

run another run of 0 and you will be fine.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/