Second Skin Audio

2 15's Box Design, Have Pics...need Critiquing

First post here, but have been silently searching and taking notes on the forms for several months. Built my first box several weeks ago, but learned a lot and now I'm trying to do it right this time.

Here's a couple sketches of some ideas I was thinking about. Setup is going into 2003 Ford Explorer. 2 15" Kicker CVX with Hifonics 2610D at 1 ohm.

These sketches are ~7.0 ft3 tuned to ~30-32Hz. Just need to know which one would perform better, or what changes need to be made. This is my daily beater, listen mostly to rap so nothing SPL, just loud and low. Will probably brace with 2x2 or all-thread, double baffle, 45 corners, and maybe some glass and resin. I know these aren't BTL's or high caliber subs, but its what I got for now.

Current box is ~2.7ft3/sub and 37hz, subs + port back. Its loud and sounds nice, but it was my first adventure and want to build something bigger and better.

Dunno if it matters but Yellow Top under hood + Powermaster 975 in back + Big 3 (1/0) + couple runs 1/0.

I'm am limited on space because I still want the functionality of having a trunk as well as accessing my spare tire crap. If you notice the back of the box is angled, 3" more at the bottom since back seats are angled. These are the max dimensions I am able to work with so I can't go any deeper than 22".

Picture12.png

Picture11.png

Picture8.png

Picture7.png

I'd go with the second one. Th first has that steep turn in the port.

images-4.jpgdjscrewbanner5sf.jpgimages.jpg

"IT SOUNDS SLOW MOTION AND STUTTERING"~~~~LOL

2 15" Fi BTLs

7.5 cf box @ 33hz

Sundown SAZ-3500D

Powermaster S3400 & D3100

Iraggi 300a alt

SecondSkin - totally dead

Knu wire

I'd go with the second one. Th first has that steep turn in the port.

Yeah that's another question I forgot to address. Because of the angled back and the required length of the port, dunno if the sharp turn is going to be a problem for the port. Actually both boxes have roughly the same turn into the port.

what kind of car,truck is it and ive all ways been told to never mix batteries companys go with the same company

2003 ford explorer. As long as the batteries don't blow up, its what I have for now. So far voltage not below 12.5V, it'll have to do until I can justify scrapping a perfectly fine yellow top.

what kind of car,truck is it and ive all ways been told to never mix batteries companys go with the same company

a battery is a battery bro, unless you are talking about mixing 16v with 12v batteries then it's all good.

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

myself id go with the first design but revise it

Revise? As far as port placement, dimensions, length or sub placement? Unfortunately I have to keep the angled back, to try and use all the space back there. I wanna try subs up port back. Any advice is well appreciated. Thanks.

i have a box like number 1 in a f150

but my port isnt angled so steep.

Yeah the port turn is steep, but it has to be ~29" long to get 30-32 Hz. I don't know any other way to route it without losing too much airspace. Anyone know if this is gonna pose a huge dilemma for efficiency or air turbulence. The sketch is very rough and probably exaggerates the angle. Never built a port against an angled wall but if anyone has some experience or advice, please chime in.