Astro Build - 12 Cerwin-Vega 12"s in a Clamshell C-Pillar Wall

Nice

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Nice

Thanks. I stole it!! Haha. I think I will like it a good bit more than the JBL "Imaging Enhancer"

Maybe just a bit. :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Wish I could have met up with you while I was up north Ms ... I think Mike said you was working out of town or something ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Got bored the other night with by fellow audio nut Mike from HYPER.

This happened to my (already bad) spare Vega:

1016793_4912875678010_2040790768_n.jpg

1379968_4912875638009_238161393_n.jpg

1380483_4912875237999_1913459894_n.jpg

1383048_4912879598108_1748238583_n.jpg

1380607_4912880038119_250900871_n.jpg

1208730_4912881398153_771100144_n.jpg

Told you 3" voice coil. ...but very small gap.

1380828_4912882838189_587386766_n.jpg

It may have been late. But how you guys like my new top hat? Get it!! Top Hat!!!

Ok seriously though: Who knows who can help me? I can get any needed measurements including Voice Coil Thickness (have access to a micrometer). As much as I would love to keep Vega Cones, I know that is impossible. Recone kits would be nice, assembled top hats nice too. Price is always a consideration as well. I would like to do this one first to see how it goes, then I would need 12 more.

Later all!

grrrrr wish i could remember his name but he use to be a regular on here that offered people recones he had new old stock recones for these was going to get my 2 tens i have roconed think it started with an A lol

Wish I could have met up with you while I was up north Ms ... I think Mike said you was working out of town or something ...

Yeah, I was working in Hernando for the week. Sucks that I didn't get to meet up with you guys. I wanted to see all the work you've done on your truck in person. And of course get another demo. :D

You and your toys!!

I just can't help myself! I'm like celery- constantly Stalkin' on eBay for strange/hard to find old school stuff.

grrrrr wish i could remember his name but he use to be a regular on here that offered people recones he had new old stock recones for these was going to get my 2 tens i have roconed think it started with an A lol

Dah! Think hard! Or don't- go to a hypnotist.... light some incense and get to a zen like calm so you remember. :D

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Yeah, I was working in Hernando for the week. Sucks that I didn't get to meet up with you guys. I wanted to see all the work you've done on your truck in person. And of course get another demo. :D

You and your toys!!

I just can't help myself! I'm like celery- constantly Stalkin' on eBay for strange/hard to find old school stuff.

Dah! Think hard! Or don't- go to a hypnotist.... light some incense and get to a zen like calm so you remember. :D

lol if i had access to my old email i might be able to tell you and it was about 2 years ago so not sure if he still does them or can get them SORRY but ill try to think grrrrn it is bothering me too i want to say foreverbumping is the name but i dont think thats right

can try these guys too http://www.speakerrepair.com/page/RECNEPRC.html

Ha! I got something done! And it sounds good too. Much more fun than the JBL Imaging Enhancer.

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You and your toys!!

lol if i had access to my old email i might be able to tell you and it was about 2 years ago so not sure if he still does them or can get them SORRY but ill try to think grrrrn it is bothering me too i want to say foreverbumping is the name but i dont think thats right

can try these guys too http://www.speakerrepair.com/page/RECNEPRC.html

He is talking about Ken, or "Foreverbumpin".

Yeah you could go to him, and you may or may not get a good job done.

I believe that's why we don't see him around anymore, he got butt-hurt over being called out on some shitty work, if I remember right.

Now the other Ken, "cjvue" is very trust-worthy, and can do it for sure. He does very nice work.

Oh and Colin, I did some research, and located all the parts to do these. You can either (A) rebuild them to near-exact OEM specs, with exact cones/ surrounds, coils, dust caps, and spiders, or (B.) rebuild them with 12-spoke frames, which will allow for much better spiders, and give you a better performing woofer in the end. Or, you could do a hybrid, with the original motor and frame, but different cone/ surround & spiders...

Either way, I can help you out. I would just need one sub to use for building up the drop-in's, either way you want to go.

Anyway, just wanted you to know your options. GL with everything! Oh and I want that CSP-1, very nice!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

^ nice. Thanks for looking into all of that and the info.

Yeah, I think I would rather keep the baskets and do what I could on these. I would prefer to keep them looking like this if possible. Most of them just need new spiders. But to get to that means new surrounds as well...

Oh, and there is another CSP-1 on eBay right now. Ends in 3 days:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-School-HARMAN-KARDON-CSP-1-Automotive-Surround-Preamplifier-PREAMP-/111202348736?pt=US_Signal_Processors&hash=item19e42d2ec0

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Archived