Sundown Audio

Wow I Am Pissed.....

Ok so I have an Alpine MRP-350w mono amp. Anyways my truck has been down for the past 6+ weeks and on about the 4th week my friend asked if he could borrow it until my truck gets fixed (He was running a Kenwood 280wamp). So I let him and he then comes over and says "Dude your amp isn't working". From that point I was pissed....It comes on and all but I know what he did yet he denies it. The ground terminal is loose and I have to position it a certain way for it to work. I am almost %100 sure that he tried pushing it under his seat and it bent the terminals because I already told him NOT to put it under the seat because of that.....

Anyways anywhere I could send it off to get it resoldered or would it be best to just trash it now?

Thanks

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

there are plenty of places that are able/willing to have you ship it to them for testing and review, and then they can provide a decent estimate on repairs. Most of these places that my friends have used charge a base rate per range of wattage the amp produces (e.g. $79 for 100-500 watt amps, $119 for 501-1000 watt amps, $200 for anything larger) so it all depends on the actual repair shop you use. This specific amplifier can be had for as much as you will be spending to get it repaired possibly, so your best bet might just be to pick up another one (or look for better in the for sale section), but again, it could be something simple that someone would be willing to resolve for cheap....

personal preference it looks like...

take the soldering iron and stab your friend in the eye with it and then fix your amp

LMAO!

He gave me his Kenwood amp so at least I'm not bass-less for now and it actually does just as good IMO. I have never really soldered before but I might give it a shot and see what I can do.

Called a few shops and they don't do repairs so I am thinking of just going ahead and getting a new amp.

Edited by HPI_Savage25
Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

LMAO!

He gave me his Kenwood amp so at least I'm not bass-less for now and it actually does just as good IMO. I have never really soldered before but I might give it a shot and see what I can do.

Called a few shops and they don't do repairs so I am thinking of just going ahead and getting a new amp.

call scott @ amp repair center.

www.amprepaircenter.com

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

take the soldering iron and stab your friend in the eye with it and then fix your amp

X2 :)

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself if you've never soldered before, it just takes 1 little stray blob of solder to really (really!) mess an amp up.

However it should be a really simple fix, might cost you $30 or so just as an odd-job if that's the only thing wrong with it.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!