Second Skin Audio

Anatomy Of A Subwoofer?

I get confused lots of times when people refer to subs and call out the different part names. Is there like any sort of picture/drawing that shows the different parts and shit? It would make it a lot simpler for me, and others as well I'm sure. So yeah, link me up if you know of one.

I get confused lots of times when people refer to subs and call out the different part names. Is there like any sort of picture/drawing that shows the different parts and shit? It would make it a lot simpler for me, and others as well I'm sure. So yeah, link me up if you know of one.

If thought about posting a similar thread about amps. How about some of that too

i'll do my best to describe it, as i dont have the energy to find and label pics.

dust cap - the lil round piece that's glued to the center of the cone to cover the coil. usually has the brand name on it.

cone - the surface area of the subwoofer. different brands use different materials to contruct these

surround - the foamy material around the outer edge of the cone. flexible to allow excursion

gasket - the piece that goes around the outer edge of the basket. used more for looks, as they're not necessarily NEEDED, but look much better with them

basket - holds the motor on and the cone in place

coil - the round piece under the dust cap where the wire goes. wound around a circular tube

tinsels - the wires that go from the terminals to the leads on the coil

terminals - where you wire the subs to from the amp

spider/suspension - the wiggly looking material at the bottom of the basket. flexible, keeps the sub from over exerting

motor/magnet - just that...the motor. sometimes referred to as the magnet

i think i got everything. it's getting late and i'm tired

This vid always helps

posted like 20 times on SMD alone.. lol

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived