Second Skin Audio

Touch Up Repair On A W7

I have been looking for a w7 for a reasonable price on craigslist and a guy emailed me saying he had a w7 for sale in my area, but it has 2 small pin holes in the front of it. What would be the best product for touch up? silicone? because I have used that in the past for older subs...but this is a w7 and I would like to be sure.

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C5-570 Components

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

I have been looking for a w7 for a reasonable price on craigslist and a guy emailed me saying he had a w7 for sale in my area, but it has 2 small pin holes in the front of it. What would be the best product for touch up? silicone? because I have used that in the past for older subs...but this is a w7 and I would like to be sure.

pin as in writing pen or as in needle size??

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I just emailed him and im waiting on an answer..if its needle size, im sure it is fixible. but if its pen size, im not gonna waste my money.

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

ya. they are small needle holes. Would silicone work on the w7? or would i need something stronger?

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

Where are the holes, on the cone or the surround? Get pics of the damage first definitely.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

ok, he said they are on the cone and about pencil eraser big.... just two of them... I called my local dealer and he said that it would cost $310 to recone and rebuild the sub. but he also said that the w7 has the top layer shown as a cover and that it won't affect the sound any... I might just try and do some silicone work because I don't care too much about how it looks.. just if it sounds good...

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

ok, he said they are on the cone and about pencil eraser big.... just two of them... I called my local dealer and he said that it would cost $310 to recone and rebuild the sub. but he also said that the w7 has the top layer shown as a cover and that it won't affect the sound any... I might just try and do some silicone work because I don't care too much about how it looks.. just if it sounds good...

well if ya dont mind, how reasonable are ya talkin? like would it be worth gettin over something new or like new for the same loot?

yes there is a cosmetic type cone then a second typical cone.but from my exp if they have a hole they will crack like a windshield over time..

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab