IMG00244.jpg

IMG00246.jpg

IMG00248.jpg

IMG00243.jpg

The Culprit

So.. I was parked backwards in a stall (for easier exit) So I get done, walk out and get in my truck, I pull out and BOOM!! I hear and feel metal crunching. I get out and almost cried.. I feel like shit now, this is the 2nd time I've jacked up my parents insurance. But hopefully its gonna take a nice trip to the body shop tomorrow and I'll hopefully have it back before prom next weekend.

TexasTech2.jpg

"Buy some shit, Build some shit, Bang some shit!" - Dr. DB

Joe owns my soul.

Refs: Duct_Tape123, Derrick824

damm the sucks big time. hopefully you get your truck back by prom

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

honestly if i was your parents i wouldnt even claim it on insurance. i would make you pay for it. i dint drive for a year bc of a wreck until i could afford to fix tings myself. but it does suck though. hopefully you get something worked out.

Edited by troy

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

Find out how much insurance will go up? Something like that is never a good idea to claim. It could cost about 2 to 3k to fix but if you claim it you will end up paying alot more than that in the long run. The bad part about it is that they will say no, its ok, claim it, then a few months or even a year later your rate gets jacked up because of claims. I learned that the hard way.

I guess I may be different than some people, but why take it to a body shop to fix it at all? pull out the dent, buff off the yellow, and maybe touch up the bottoms of the doors. After that you will hardly notice its there. No joke if that would really be a $2-3K fix like lazeris says (and it probably is) there is no chance id personally ever fix it. Its a truck, not a Ferrari. In the past couple years ive purchased two running cars in pretty good shape (93 probe, 94 probe) and a 67 mustang project car that isn't in all that bad of shape for $2400...

Theres NO way thats gonna cost 2-3k to fix. The first wreck I destroyed the front of a brand new Nissan Altima and it only costed $1100 to fix. I'm looking at probably 6-7 hundred dollars worth of damage. Rusty, If I knew that much about that stuff I would fix it myself, but I have no experience with it. Our insurance rates will skyrocket yes, but it wont be anything new, my sister had 10+ wrecks before she moved out. All claimed. So it wont be any different that before, but yes I still feel horrible about it. And Roscoe, most likely. :unsure: haha cornfed, yeah, I'm not the smallest guy out there.

Edited by Brick2560

TexasTech2.jpg

Joe owns my soul.

Whats your deductible on it? if its really only 6-7 hundred... I know my deductible is close to that. (or it would be if I didn't have just liability...)

I know the exact feeling, as I was recently in a recent bang-up of my own. Unfortunately I feel bad because of the other car's damage, hardly did any damage to mine.

That's the way my first was. I have a little dent right below the taillight, and his whole 1/4 panel was effed. The irony of it all. The first time was my drivers ed teachers wife's brand new car, the irony this time, I was right infront of a insurance agency.

TexasTech2.jpg

Joe owns my soul.