Ok..so here is whats up. I'm pretty burnt out on car audio...I will soon be selling ALL of my equipment to focus on restoring my car in my grandmothers memory (it was her car, she gave it to me when I was 15)

Soooo, the hole car will be returned to stock as much as possible just like it would roll off the lot, with the exception of the headunit (unless I can find an 8-track replacement unit that is functional), the engine, and the plastic trim panels (they will be covered in matching headliner material because of normal wear and tear)

What kind of engine would you all recommend? It currently has its original 4.1L 260 V8. Which absolutely sucks...I can't even get on the interstate with my car hardly because it doesn't have enough acceleration going down the on ramp =[

I don't want it to have a massive engine in it that will require a new rear end from the added torque/horsepower. But I at least want something that I will be more comfortable driving in traffic...

So what do you all think?

what car?

but im gunna go with the 350

or go gangsta and do a 351w and go balls to the wall...

Edited by wildbeast15

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

351 windsor iun a chevy huh?

Do the 454 and call it a day lol

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

350 is good, make it a 383 stroker and THEN call it a day.

X2

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

Not so fast,,,,,It depends on what state you live in and your emission laws. Some states, like California, are a bitch to register or even drive a car that has been modified. until recently, Massachusetts did emissions on cars from 1983 and up. Now they only do 1996 and up so I got lucky with my 82 Regal, same car as yours pretty much.

Once you know the laws and if your able to swap the engine for a carburetor type setup a mild 350 would be perfect.

If you really wanted to and if you or someone has the nohow, go with a 305 TPI setup from a camaro. It would involve using the Camaro computer and other things. The earlier versions are better as the computer does not need the pass key to run in a different car.

Is this a restore or modification of the vehicle. If its a restore then just do that. if you gonna start making modifications then the list never ends. Along with the engine your gonna need a tranny. Then suspension is not gonna be good enough and so on and so on.