www.partsexpress.com

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

You can use guitar cable, Mic cable, raw twisted pair, etc. I use a twisted pair with a 100% shielded casing Theres a bunch of different types of wire, ends, coverings, and treatments you can do to make yours. If your going to do a couple nice ones, it may be more cost effective to buy them. I bought big bulks for mine to be worth making them up. Even then it's very time consuming. But if you do end up making your own then can be a way better product then what you would buy.

How would making your own compare to something like streetwires zero noise 9's? They're a pricey wire, but I want some top-notch wiring providing a clean signal to my amps.

How would making your own compare to something like streetwires zero noise 9's? They're a pricey wire, but I want some top-notch wiring providing a clean signal to my amps.

I would compare making your own to being just as good if not better then anything mass produced.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

It depending on the wire your using to make them.

It be nice to have your own rca's made exactly to what you need, and not a lot extra laying someplace.

I had a guy from this site make me some. Think I paid around 125$ or so for four sets of 20 foots, and 1 3 foot cable for strapping amps.

The cables where double shielded, and double wired loomed, used some nice rca 5.0 connectors.

Looks Id rate a 10!

Performance Id give him a -10! (since I fried amps due to the users soldering skills and the center pin grounded out on the inside of the rca due to wire being stripped to far, not twisted and then soldered with little stray wires touching where ever, and about a $600 repair bill...

I ended up tearing the cables down and having to resolder them except for 1 cable and that one looked like it was done nice, and the center pin wire was heatshrinked.

So Im guessing he ran low on supplies, cut corners, and rushed to get them out the door to meh.

I would of totally understood if he was behind and needed more money for supplies (i would of paypaled) some more, but oh well.

It depending on the wire your using to make them.

It be nice to have your own rca's made exactly to what you need, and not a lot extra laying someplace.

I had a guy from this site make me some. Think I paid around 125$ or so for four sets of 20 foots, and 1 3 foot cable for strapping amps.

The cables where double shielded, and double wired loomed, used some nice rca 5.0 connectors.

Looks Id rate a 10!

Performance Id give him a -10! (since I fried amps due to the users soldering skills and the center pin grounded out on the inside of the rca due to wire being stripped to far, not twisted and then soldered with little stray wires touching where ever, and about a $600 repair bill...

I ended up tearing the cables down and having to resolder them except for 1 cable and that one looked like it was done nice, and the center pin wire was heatshrinked.

So Im guessing he ran low on supplies, cut corners, and rushed to get them out the door to meh.

I would of totally understood if he was behind and needed more money for supplies (i would of paypaled) some more, but oh well.

this is the biggest reason I would do it myself. I've made RCAs before but not for cars, and I wasn't looking for an extremely high quality product. In this case I am.

I guess it just comes down to the wire, since I know my skills, and certainly trust my own quality work :) I also want some nice looming for protection and such.

I guess it doesn't matter how nice they are if the damn solder doesn't hold :D Sucks to hear about your issues.

For mine I picked a really nice wire, great connectors, (until my own ends come in) nice wire loom, and shrink tubing. I use silver solder on mine and no matter the time frame, take my time making them. It also helps to use the correct tools to get the job done.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)