brsteinbach Posted April 17, 2009 Report Posted April 17, 2009 Has anyone here ever bought any non name brand products off Ebay? For instance car parts like a "cold air intake" because i dont want to waste my money on some thing that wont fit right or will break as soon as i install it. I know I would be better off buying name brand parts but they are so expensive! Thanks for the feedback guys. 2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s 4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200 Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492 4 and 8 Gauge Knu Big III In 1/0 All in my 90 Accord Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....
troy Posted April 17, 2009 Report Posted April 17, 2009 some things work some dont. if the price seems right then it porlly will work. usually you get what you pay for. retarded build on the way..... 2000 bagged s10 2 hdc3 15s aq2200 aq4x90 stinger/knu wire optima batteries 220 amp alt fosgate hu/mids and highs
Torres Posted April 17, 2009 Report Posted April 17, 2009 i usually try to get at least someone of a decent looking item. my friend got a cheap ass intake for his eclipse, and the thing would hardly stay on or fit. it was such a tight squeeze, so the fitment wasnt 100%. just beware
troy Posted April 17, 2009 Report Posted April 17, 2009 yea. try andysautosports.com they have alot of cheiper prices retarded build on the way..... 2000 bagged s10 2 hdc3 15s aq2200 aq4x90 stinger/knu wire optima batteries 220 amp alt fosgate hu/mids and highs
MonstrNrgy Posted April 17, 2009 Report Posted April 17, 2009 I bought an off-brand CAI for my 96 imp. SS. It works great, came with a MAF adapter and everything needed. I figured why spend 280$ for a K&N when i could get the same thing for 45$ w/ shipping.. Kit I bought: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-1996-I...%3A1|240%3A1318 K&N Kit: http://www.quintinbrothers.com/GM%20CARS/d...t/666%20020.jpg It gave me 3 tenth in the 1/4 mile and 3 mph. Went from a 15.61 @ 88 mph to 15.34 @ 91 mph.
juanharu Posted April 17, 2009 Report Posted April 17, 2009 Has anyone here ever bought any non name brand products off Ebay? For instance car parts like a "cold air intake" because i dont want to waste my money on some thing that wont fit right or will break as soon as i install it. I know I would be better off buying name brand parts but they are so expensive! Thanks for the feedback guys. ive had good and bad with off brand ebay just depends i bought soem connectors and stuff from china work fien i bought a wireless card from china worked fine i bought a headset broke in a week it just depends! *cries over headset* please make your sig smaller james
rusty959 Posted April 17, 2009 Report Posted April 17, 2009 id say on a lot of stuff its hit or miss. just be ready to get the fab skillz out to get it to fit right or when it breaks. 2013 Subaru BRZ12" Orion HCCA on AQ 22001967 mustang restoration project: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110765-mustang-restoration-build-2011-edition/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therusty959
RamenNoodles Posted April 17, 2009 Report Posted April 17, 2009 I got an intake off of there. I mean come on, its a fucking intake for gods sake. Off Brand, name brand, its all just a tube with an air filter on it. When it comes to serious performance parts like a ebay turbo kit, hell no, but simple things like a CAI, lights, etc go for it. Diablo Audio Technologies Fi Car Audio Ascendant Audio
Neo_frog Posted April 17, 2009 Report Posted April 17, 2009 I bought a Spectre CAI recently. It was specific to the car, but the fit for O2 and rubber reducer were off. A little modding and creativity got it in there though. I just tossed the tube though (for other stuff to fit). Only using the filter now. Works great and sounds pretty good! I think I paid like $20 for mine. But if you don't know how to mod stuff, I'd be wary about buying things like that. Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
brsteinbach Posted April 17, 2009 Author Report Posted April 17, 2009 Thank you so much guys, This thread is helping a lot with my decision. (Going with an "off brand" part) Save the $! 2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s 4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200 Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492 4 and 8 Gauge Knu Big III In 1/0 All in my 90 Accord Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.