Adding Mids And Highs To The Front.

sayhuh?

I currently have 6.5" comps in the doors and am wanting to add a pair of coax's to the front. Is there any certain way I need to wire them (ohm issues etc)? I'm running a 4 channel as just that, 4 channels, not bridge.

Anything special I need to be concerned with?

Thanks in advance.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

you could run the coax's off the radio. If you are only using 2 ch. off the 4 ch. amp then get a y adapter and make 4 channels out of the front RCA outputs from the radio to the amp which is pretty easy and no more wires to run really, just put them at the amp side and make sure you hook them up right. You could get a second amp and do the same thing with the RCA wires with the Y adapters.

If you are running rear speakers in the back off the 4 ch. amp then what I said to do with the 4 ch. amp probably will not work for you. you could run the rears off the radio or a seperate amp. You can't hook up 2 4 ohm speakers and get a 4 ohm load. Only a series which will give you 8 ohms or parallel which will give you 2 ohms and neither are really good for them small speakers.

hope I got everything...

hmmm, so a 2nd amp for coax's. How do you all with multiple door speakers do it then?

multiple amps.

or wire them each door to like a 4ohm load.

i just put 4 speakers in my camper shell for tail gating stuff.. wired 4 co ax's to 4 ohms.

worked perfect there loud..

Tibs 99 F-150 Build 8 twelves

8 - Re SE 12"s

2 - SunDown Audio Saz-3000d's

1 - vx4004 planet audio amp

big 3 1/0 gauge

MECHMAN 250 amp alt

MySpace

Archived